Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B Merc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Possibly love
    I have found the most amazing person I have ever meet in my life so far. I met her at work about a month and a half ago, but at the time she had just got into a relationship with someone else. For the last month we have been texting and talking all the time. Not one day goes by that I don't talk to her and not one minute goes by that I don't think about her. She is the only woman I have found that actually cares about me for who I truly am. She broke up with her boyfriend last week so I've started to show how much I care about her. The problem is that she keeps saying that she doesn't want to hurt me and that she isn't want I really want. Every time I see her I always instantly feel better no matter what is going on and every time she smiles at me it feels as if my life is almost complete. I really want to be with her, but I have no clue what I should do.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I think she may need space since she just got out of a relationship. She seems to have her mind made up that she isn't intrested in you than more than a friend. If you want to continue the friendship it may one day develop into something more but at this point I would look for someone else.

Aug 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I've been avoiding smothering her because I understand that coming out of a relationship isn't easy. She has been hurt a few times in the past with cheating boyfriends and guys lying to her. She had said many times while her boyfriend and her were together that she really wanted to be with me because he wasn't treating her like she wanted. I think she is trying to avoid being in another painful relationship, but I don't know how to prove to her that I would never do anything to hurt her.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I have to agree with JRB, here. Also, it takes time for love to develop. A month really doesn't cut it. I mean what do you really know about her?

Does she take a shower or a bath? Horror movies or Romance?

Love truly happens over time, many months, sometimes years. At this point it is infatuation and the prospect of her is exciting to you. If she has feelings she will come to you, but don't be a rebound relationship to her, it wouldn't be fair to either one of you.
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
    My advice then would be to just continue the friendship and see if it develops into anything. Trust builds with time. Good luck.

Aug 7, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I know that love takes time to develop. I know I'm not in love with her yet, but she has yet to say a single thing to disappoint me. I've never told any person in my life other than my parents that I love them. Love is a true feeling that you can only know truly when it happens only based on feelings.

She takes showers normally and bubble bathes when she has extra time while not working(usually tries once a week). She loves romantic movies, but she doesn't mind seeing a scary movie as long as she has someone to hold on to when she gets scared. Her favorite food is pasta, her favorite color is pink, she has the prettiest blue/green eyes I have seen. Her father is her role model man. I could go on forever it seems.

I'm just confused as to whether I should continue to show affection or back off and let her progress the relationship as she wants.
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 02:37 PM
    I feel it should be up to her to pursue the relationship. She needs time to get over this last one and to figure out what she wants. I would contiue having a friendship with her and after sometime see if she sends you some signs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another Possibly Pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

So, sorry to sound like a broken record.. but here is my story. I am 24 years old, my hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with our second child. We have been trying for over a year. My periods have ALWAYS been regular, with a cycle of 30 days, and period lasting 4-6 days. My last period was due...

Possibly pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I had my last period on march 16. I have a usual cycle of 29 days. I am currrently on birth control but in the beginning of march I missed 3 pills in a row. I had sex a few times during the month, each time starting without a cnodon then stopping midway to put one on. We had...

Pregnant. Possibly? [ 2 Answers ]

I took a pap smear on Nov. 2nd, 2006, and they gave me the birth control shot. They found out that I have HPV, and I quit the shot and never wen't back for my second shot. I had a 15 day period in December. Since then I've not had a period. Im very worried, I understand it takes time for your...

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

Possibly losing it all... [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently entered into a chapter 13 bankruptcy in which there has been major snags along the way. Upon entering my vehicle has been reposed in which took about a month to be returned. My "lawyer" somehow did not file paperwork correctly which resulted in a dismissal of my case. ...

View more questions Search