Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cstevens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 01:07 PM
    "Sewer odor" in half bath
    I have a sewer odor in my half bath. It seems to be coming from the base of the toilet - all other areas (tank/bowl/sink) pass the sniff test as do all the other bathrooms. I am not experiencing any sign of clogged pipes, as the sink & toilet are draining fine. Might I just need to replace the seal or??
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cstevens
    I have a sewer odor in my half bath. It seems to be coming from the base of the toilet - all other areas (tank/bowl/sink) pass the sniff test as do all the other bathrooms. I am not experiencing any sign of clogged pipes, as the sink & toilet are draining fine. Might I just need to replace the seal or ???
    Probably need to replace the wax ring seal- that would explain the odor, and it won't be long until you may have some water leakage there too. Its pretty easy (the instructions are usually right with the wax ring) and not expensive- I would suggest getting the one that has the rubber flange that goes into the pipe- seems to work out a little better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend of a year and a half.she wants a "break". [ 129 Answers ]

All right people. I'm feeling really down so I thought I'd come here to tell you my story and maybe get a bit of advice.. I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a half.. she's 15 and I'm 16. Our relationship had everything, we went to each other's house nearly every day, we went...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

Sewer Odor From Shower and Bath Tub? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a recurring sewer odor that seems to be coming from the bath tub and shower in my two bathrooms. Usually in the morning the odor is noticeable when I start to shower. My wife has also complained about the smell in the other bathroom occasionally where we have a bathtub installed. ...

Will 1 1/2" DWV work for new half bath? [ 5 Answers ]

I plan to install a toilet, lavatory, and a laundry tub in our basement. Will break out the floor and hook into 4" DWV line. The run from the main line to the toilet is about 5 1/2' feet. I figure that if I vent at the point where the new toilet drain line enters the 4" main line, I should be okay....

View more questions Search