Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Aug 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Dry Clean Items in Washer
    I'm wondering what would happen if I put in the washer a dry clean only item.
    It's a down comforter. It's white and it's getting dirty.
    I called the dry cleaning to see how much it would cost and they told me $45.99 plus tax, WOW, I might as well just buy a new one.

Just wondering if you've ever washed something in the washer that said dry clean only, and what happened to it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
    You definitely cannot wash down. I have washed plenty in the washer that said dry clean only but they were clothes that I knew would make it, but not down. Here in Canada a good down comforter, queen size is $l50. So to keep it looking and feeling good if I could dry clean it for 50 bucks I would do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Kenmore HE Front Loading Washer Does Not Spin Dry [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Kenmore front loading HE washer 3.1CF that is a couple years old. Last week I moved it about 5 inches to pick up something between the washer & dryer. When I moved the washer back & did a load of clothes I found it no longer does the high-RPM finish spin. The washer still fills...

New washer not spinning clothes dry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new frt loading washer. Unfortunately, it is not spinning all the rinse water from the load. It is supposed to spin at 1050 rpms but it's not getting up to the fast spin cycle. I don't believe it is the machine because this is the third machine and a different manufacturer than the...

Menu Items [ 1 Answers ]

How to Enable / disable Menu Items For Windows Programming If Program is to be written in Visual C++

Runescape items [ 25 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how much a mind talisman is worth? I a newbie and completely clueless... :confused: :D

View more questions Search