Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Aug 7, 2007, 10:22 AM
    How do I get this out of my carpet?
    Ok, I was doing laundry the other day, just bought a brand new bottle of laundry detergent and it spilt all over my brand new light brown carpet. (it was Tide detergent). All it did was leave one big soapy blue and white mess. Is there a magic way I can get it out, or most of it anyway?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
    What I've tried before on something like this was a picture of water (cold) and a wet dry vac, no scrubing, just pour the water and vac it up and repeat until its gone
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glavine
    what ive tried before on something like this was a picture of water (cold) and a wet dry vac, no scrubing, just pour the water and vac it up and repeat until its gone
    I agree, you need either a carpet shampoo machine or a wet/dry vac to dilute the solution and suck it out of the carpet.

You can also rent a machine from your local gocery store or hardware store.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Whew, now you know why it is recommended to use vinyl, or tile in wet area rooms such as kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms. You may try and blot up as much as you can, then pour on cold water to thin it and keep blotting. Then use a fan directed at the spot to dry it as quickly as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet damaged [ 1 Answers ]

I was renting a property from a landlord in columbus Ohio. I have been there for 2 and 1/2 years. He snet me an email telling me he was going to take me to small claims court for my water bill which I said I would pay. And he said that the carpet needs replaced and he wants me to pay him back...

Carpet Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I were renting in oceanside, Ca. we were getting our final inspection on the house and the said we owe the $650 for the carpet because of a pet accident on the carpet. We heard the if you rental a place for more than a year in CA, that the landlord has to replace the carpet. Is this...

Changing of Carpet [ 4 Answers ]

In Colorado, does a landlord have to change the carpet of an apartment that was previously rented by persons with a pet before the next tenant can move in?

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

View more questions Search