Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MysticEnigma21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 12:26 PM
    Annoying Noise
    I just recently purchased my laptop from a website called usanotebook.com. It's a dell latitude c600 and it looks brand new. The only problem is this annoying, almost buzzing, tone-like sound that comes from the computer. When I mute sound on the computer, I don't hear the noise as much, just when I start up a program on my computer like the internet, etc. When I unmute the computer, the sound is always on. The sound isn't really loud, but it is really noticeable, especially when the room is silent. Can you tell me what this noise is and how to stop it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2005, 05:37 PM
    Dell only sells equipment via their web site. They do not sell thourgh any retailer. Therefore its unlikely what you got was new. Did you get a warranty with it?

There are a number of possibilites. Bad speakers, some sort of eletrical interference, a problem with the sound card, etc. You would probably need to take it into a tech to determine what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

Annoying problem [ 1 Answers ]

Each time I go to look at my e mail (Outlook Express) I get this message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact program vendor". I can't seem to get rid of it and it has been happening for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Please tell me how...

Annoying Adverts [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ! Each time when I open my Internet Explorer (6.0) , advert messages pop up. I think they do reside in the memory. How can I get rid of them please ? Thanks

Annoying Brother in Law [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is due to get married to her fiancé next August and for the previous two years he has lived at our house. The plan is for them to move out after the wedding but personally I don't see this happening. Its not that I'm a nasty person just that my home life has been a nightmare since his...

Annoying fassia.net [ 1 Answers ]

You know how we usually end up in a white background "cannot find" page... I really want that back! Recently, when my computer cannot connect to a page I want to go, I get directed to this "Find What You're Looking For" page http://www.fassia.net/wmed/index1.html I hate it! when that page...

View more questions Search