Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Friend, bragging, ahh. I'm going through hell here.
    My best friend keeps bragging about her cottage, her period, her trailor, her dog, hot guys, her brother. She's my best friends, I don't want to hurt her, what should I do now?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
    When she starts the bragging don't pay much attention and brush it off. This may give her the hint that what she is bragging about is of no interest to you and she will eventually quit doing it. Yes, bragging is annoying but be happy for her.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Sometimes it's better to do nothing at all - but listen that is.
    She's probably bragging because she has a low self esteem and it's her way of making herself seem important or feel better about her own self and/or life.

I've had friends like that before too and I just let them talk -
    That's all it is... a bunch of talk...

Good luck:D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Or do the opposite from what rankrank said. Be EXTREMELY enthusiastic and excited about every brag she does--pump your arms, jump up and down, scream a little, clap your hands, do a somersault, snap your fingers, sing a happy little song, etc. Soon she will get the message if you "overdo" it.

Aug 6, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Thanks, but seriously, I have had enough, like I've even gave her attitude and stuff, she still won't shut it.

Aug 6, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Lmao omg wondergirl do a summer sault, she would just walk away from me:s

Aug 6, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Rofl, I should do that, she's a sometimes... I still love her... sometimes...
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 12:32 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Haha, I love this! This is exactly what I was picturing me doing to my friends when they brag too much ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ahh getting rid of jet black hair dye - going back brown! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I've got such a problem! I dyed my hair a few days ago and it went ginger, so I dyed over it dark brown but it went jet black, and so I dyed over it with brown hair dye and it didn't make any difference I have brown extensions and they don't match and I can't afford black ones which I don't...

AHH puppy keeps eating rubbish in the garden! [ 2 Answers ]

My little lab puppy is 9 weeks old! I have had her nearly a week now! But she keeps on eating things in the garden when I take her out for 'tiddle'! She will eat stones, snails, leaves, flowers anything! How can I stop her doing this! :( She was sick earlier, most likely because of all the crap...

Hell! [ 67 Answers ]

DOES HELL EXIST? The Bible speaks more of Hell than of Heaven. Jesus said it and that settles it! What think ye? Bobbye

Ahh... [ 8 Answers ]

A little concerned. I have not been keeping track of my periods recently; but they always come abound like clock work! However I cannot remember when my last period was and I am fretting as I don't know if I am late or not? I am usually pretty good and can always relate my periods to a...

Ahh [ 2 Answers ]

ahhh me and this guy I like hung out over the weekend and I mean I really like him and he says he likes me bak but for now were just friends and we tell each other everything and he really likes my best friend and she likes him ((everyone likes her and she doesn't think so)) she is the kind of...

View more questions Search