Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Eating disorder H-E-L-P
    I am not comforatble with the way I look, I don't feel good about myself, I am a pretty girl in the face, and I have great hair, its just my body... I almost have an eating disorder, I need a lot of help. I take a large junours size and I'm very upset. I've tried perging twice... it hasn't worked. I think if I did it right, I would be addicted to it. I just need some advice on how to help myself. Thank you.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
    First of all, make sure to only post something once. You might want to take a look at the site rules and regulations :). Back to the question. It's really good that you are acknowleging your potential problem and this is the first step of correcting it. You are also reaching out for help which is important as well. When you have an eating disorder, what you see in the mirror is distorted. When you look in the mirror, you are seeing what your eating disorder wants you to see, you are not seeing the true picture. You must understand this. It is important that you find ways that are helpful for you. Many people will try to tell you what you "have" to do in order to recover, but only you know what methods of treatment are best for you. What works for one person, may not work for another. Do not be afraid to tell people what you want and need. Take a look at these websites:
    http://www.ams.queensu.ca/anab
    Here is a self test that you can do:
    Eating Behavior Test
    allroadsleadtojamaica Posts: 60, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Wow, umm and what do you mean by only posting something once?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Well you've posted this question twice on the board.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
    I believe it was posted twice due to a system error.
    Both posts were posted at the same time - it happens sometimes.

All roads,
    You look like a very attractive, slim girl.
    And from a strangers point of view, I'd say you have nothing to worry about as far as looks are concerned.

There are places that counsel girls with eating disorders.
    Have you ever looked into something like that?
    Emzz077 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
    I don't think you have a eating disorder I think you are just like any other female. I believe in my experience with several eating disorders ( currently at the near end of anerixia recovery ) an ed will effect how you see everything. You seem to like your looks and hair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says I'm really low normal but I feel huge. I have a really low self esteem I think but its only when I'm by myself when I'm with friends I'm fine! I often try to make myself sick I have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet...

Eating Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am apparentley suffering from anorexia. I don't like to call it anorexia myself but I am seeing a therapist and that's what he has diagnosed me with. I am 21 the problem has developed since the birth of my 8 month old daughter. Basically just wanted some advice off anybody who is or may...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

View more questions Search