Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Aaahhh spiders!
    Okay, does anyone else have these creepy looking Cellar spiders in their home? It seems like we have them everywhere! :eek:

http://entweb.clemson.edu/cuentres/eiis/pdfs/hs41.pdf
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, I think they are the same spiders that live in the storage room/tack room in the barn where I keep my horses (my mothers house).
    I believe she also has them under her house right by the crawl space door.
    Not sure though, but they look very similar.
    The picture makes it look rather big, the spiders I see are kind-of small
    With lots of old looking, clumpy webs stringing everywhere.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Yeah that picture makes them look rather plump; they look more slender than that to me. We have them in our stables as well too... yuck!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 11:12 PM
    They must be the same spider then.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Ummm, That Is A Dogs Picture, Just Kidding, Yes I Have Seen These Same Spiders Around The Barn. And Have Seen Them Under Houses, The Best Bet Is If You Can Not Do The Exterminating Yourself Is To Hire A Professional. Something Like Orkin, Or Terminix May Could Help You. Again Just Joking About The Picture.
    beaglesgal Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I have those same spiders in my house.I had someone renting out my basement and they were very cramped up with little space and lots of stuff.When they moved out my basement was over riden with them.I vaccumed a lot up .I have even found them upstairs lately.They can get pretty big.We are presently doing renevating on our home so I am not going to do any major spraying for them until it is done.I hate spiders,but the one thing I will say is that since we have had them in our house,I seldom see any brown spiders in here.I don't know if that means anything or not.Good luck getting rid of them.If you find an easy way to get rid of them ,please let me know... lol...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of spiders [ 13 Answers ]

Any one know a good way to get rid of spiders.We mostly have little redish brown spiders in the house and outside we get some pretty big red spiders That make big webs.We have a lot of daddy long legs,thou they do not really Bother us that much.They pretty much stay out of the way but the big red...

Spiders In Windows [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first question here, but I really really need help! I can't sleep at night knowing.. There are SPIDERS living around my windows, and they just won't die off! It's becoming summer, and they're going to pop up like daisies! Please, please help me!

Spiders are coming in my house! Help! [ 7 Answers ]

HI, The weather is getting cold and I am finding spiders inside my home - several different kinds. What can be done? My house is sprayed every three months by a professional, he was here last month and treated the yard and house, and knocked down webs around the outside, but these spiders are...

View more questions Search