Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kril123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Small brownish colored bug
    Hi! Recently I got home from Florida and I started noticing these bugs around my home. I first noticed them crawling out of my laundry from the trip and now I am literally killing 30 of them a day. They only seem to be around or at least come out at night time. They are about 1/8" long and they tend to stay up towards the tops of my walls or my ceiling. That is where I find them the most, although I have seen a couple lower than that. They appear to be black until held under the light where I see them almost as a deep brownish or mohogany color. I didn't think they could fly at first because there wings aren't visible (almost like a beetle, you can't really tell they have wings at first because they blend in with the color of the body). They can fly fairly fast although they never seem to try and fly away when I come up to kill them. They have harder bodies because they crunch when they get squished and they tend only to stay in my room. I haven't noticed them anywhere else in the house.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Is this what the bug looks like?

If it is then here's some info in it...
    -----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/...is-biblio.html
    Does Dermacentor variabilis, the American dog tick, transmit Lyme disease?
    An Annotated Bibliography

Lyme disease is a serious bacterial infection caused by a tick bite and affects humans and animals.

The Dermacentor variabilis tick is commonly known as the American dog tick and sometimes is called the wood tick or, infrequently, the eastern wood tick.

The Dermacentor variabilis tick has been shown in several studies to carry the Lyme disease bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi. However, the issue that is not resolved completely is whether the D. variabilis tick transmits Lyme disease. This web page divides the literature on the subject into categories - see Table of Contents. If available, each category contains journal citations from the NIH NLM MEDLINE database and links to other web pages or articles.

Other factors, not addressed below, that may impact the issue of Lyme disease transmission by the American dog tick, Dermacentor variabilis:

- Method of tick removal
    - Elapsed time before partially fed tick bites human

-----------
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 02:24 AM
    I couldn't attach the picture the first time...
    So here it is... :)
    Attached Images

gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 21, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Despite the lengthy description, I still can't think of what you have.

By the way, ticks don't fly. FB's answer is way off base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A Myserty bug, Anybody know what it is? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I had found this insect a while back in Westerly, RI, I haven't seen one like this for years now, and when I had seen it before, it was only for a week or two and it disappeared until the next year, This bug I have now is the forth time I have ever seen it. It is about three inches long,...

Brownish Red Bug [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me identify a bug that I've been seeing in my bed for the last year. Over this time I have seen only about 6 bugs--perhaps fewer. I started looking because I was sure that I was being bit on the legs at night. When I see them, they are readily visilbe, one at...

Colored circles on my TV [ 2 Answers ]

Hi --- I have a Panasonic 36" TV with a problem- There are rings - just like a bulls-eye - of color that appeared on my TV today. A green solid circle in the middle of the screen with various shades of violet in concentric rings moving out to the edge of the screen - it is really bright and...

Colored Contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm thinking about getting colored contacts maybe dark green or blue but my skin tone is like a natural tan but a bit darker but I don't want any fake looking contacts that makes it look obvious that it's not my natural eye color. I'm not into copying celebrities but I liked Vanessa William's...

Different Colored Filenames [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is probably so obvious, and this is definitely something I should know with how much I work on computers... but here it is... In my folders and drives some of the file names are blue, but most are black... Why are my file names suddenly blue? I am running Windows XP Home...

View more questions Search