Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momo2lilgls Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 02:34 PM
    GAL and Documentation
    We have a GAL. For many, many years, I was always told to document, document, document, well I document, document, document like it is going out of style. Seriously, I have almost made this a part time job doing all this documenting. I am documenting all the occurrences my ex does with my kids, not bringing them home at the scheduled time, not wanting them when they are sick because "he cannot afford to get sick," not taking them to school and not letting me know, I can go on. So, here I have two encyclopedia sized binders with DOCUMENTATION in them.

I go an visit the GAL for the first time, hand him the copies of the documentation neatly indexed in manilla file folders and labeled exactly as to what is in them, and he does not want them. He wants DOCUMENTATIONS!! Ok, well I can get "documentation" that my ex NEVER takes the girls to the doctor when they are sick, I can get "documentaion" from school that he was spotted dropping my oldest off "under the influence." But, most importantly, I cannot get "documentation" that he is NEVER home.

What good is all this "documenting" that I am doing if the court system, well GAL, does not accept? It is killing me, because I feel I am literally getting sick from re-doing the same thing all the time. How affective is documenting really? Has anyone had to provide documentation and it actually benefited? I cannot see my fingers falling off and killing more trees to print all this documentation, if the system does not take it seriously!

What other options do I have to prove such items, as example, that I mentioned above?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momo2lilgls
    We have a GAL. For many, many years, I was always told to document, document, document, well I document, document, document like it is going out of style. Seriously, I have almost made this a part time job doing all this documenting. I am documenting all teh occurrances my ex does with my kids, not bringing them home at the scheduled time, not wanting them when they are sick because "he cannot afford to get sick," not taking them to school and not letting me know, I can go on. So, here I have two encyclopedia sized binders with DOCUMENTATION in them.

I go an visit the GAL for the first time, hand him the copies of the documentation neatly indexed in manilla file folders and labeled exactly as to what is in them, and he does not want them. He wants DOCUMENTATIONS!!!! Ok, well I can get "documentation" that my ex NEVER takes the girls to the doctor when they are sick, I can get "documentaion" from school that he was spotted dropping my oldest off "under the influence." But, most importantly, I cannot get "documentation" that he is NEVER home.

What good is all this "documenting" that I am doing if the court system, well GAL, does not accept? It is killing me, because I feel I am literally getting sick from re-doing the same thing all the time. How affective is documenting really? Has anyone had to provide documentation and it actually benefited? I cannot see my fingers falling off and killing more trees to print all this documentation, if the system does not take it seriously!

What other options do I have to prove such items, as example, that I mentioned above?
    Sorry but it is not enough for GAL or judge to say,"I documented that he did not bring the girls at the sheduled time"... If you have police report-it wiil be a true document.Legaly... you can say and write everithing but it is not proof...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese documentation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... my name is Abida,I currently stay in zimbabwe,my father was Portuguese Goan. I would like to rec laim my fathers citizenship for myself and family. I have lost my fathers birth cirtificate and all documentation relating to this. Could you please assist me in obtainig these documents in...

Help cloudy 135 gal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering , my 135 gal has been running for 3 years, And I have 2 HOB emperor 400, xP2,Xp3,Xp4 floor canisters... Recentley my tank started getting cloudy so I did a 30% water change as usual which I do once a week.. Then after the water change about 20 min later it started getting really...

Found a gal I relly like! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wanted to spead the good news! I met a girl that I hung out with tonight that I really like a lot! We have a lot in common, and get along great! She is cute and has a lot of ambition to do tings with herself! I never thought she would be my "type" but she is! We are doing something again...

View more questions Search