Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Recipe stealing, I just have to vent, sorry
    I know I'm being a little petty, okay, a lot petty, but I posted a recipe for someone on another site, and the very next poster criticized my recipe, then actually cut and pasted my recipe, tweaked it a tiny bit, even left in my specific recipe hints word for word, and said it was her own. What nerve! To top it off, a couple of posts later, another poster complimented the person whole stole my recipe for being "authentic."

I absolutely love sharing recipes with everyone, but I can't stand it when someone takes credit for something that is clearly mine.

One question, though, does anyone else out there like cottage cheese in their lasagne?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:56 PM
    What a jerk! I would be mad too Goldie! Well what goes around comes back around so you can be certain the same will happen to her
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Honestly, that would make me mad too. I would have said something, but that's just me :p

I have never heard of cottage cheese in lasanga, but I don't think I would like it seeing as I don't like cottage cheese. I don't like the ricotta cheese that much either. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I love cottage cheese in my lasagne, that and mozarella!!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:01 PM
    My mom always used cottage cheese in her lasagna recipe... when I got older she gave me the recipe... when I saw cottage cheese on the list I was like "ewwww!!!" I hate cottage cheese... but I trusted the recipe because I always loved it! Cottage cheese is so bland I don't know if you would be able to tell a difference or not if you left it out or included it... but just to be safe I always leave it in :)

Aug 6, 2007, 02:03 PM
    It was just so ridiculous, and ballsy! And to top it off, another poster complimented her? Well, she says her husband's grandma loves the recipe. I am wondering how she knows whether her husband's grandma loves the recipe, unless I know her husband's grandma.

I guess I must, because that is the only way this woman's granny-in-law has ever had that lasagne recipe.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I too love low-fat cottage cheese in lasagne! And I feel your pain!

What irritates me about sharing recipes is that I have given out a cookie recipe that specifies butter and a certain amount of all-purpose flour, etc. and then get complaints that her recipe didn't turn out like mine does and what ingredient did I deliberately leave out. It turned out that she used margarine or Crisco instead of butter and used cake flour or didn't use the right amount of flour or used ultra-cheap ingredients, so of course her cookies will not turn out like mine do!
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I too love low-fat cottage cheese in lasagne! And I feel your pain!

What irritates me about sharing recipes is that I have given out a cookie recipe that specifies butter and a certain amount of all-purpose flour, etc., and then get complaints that her recipe didn't turn out like mine does and what ingredient did I deliberately leave out. It turned out that she used margarine or Crisco instead of butter and used cake flour or didn't use the right amount of flour or used ultra-cheap ingredients, so of course her cookies will not turn out like mine do!
    Ugh! I had the same thing happen with my brownie recipe. I'm allergic to wheat so I make homemade brownies that are basically butter, chocolate, caramel and sugar (why yes they ARE delicious) and a touch of rice flour. In my recipe I specify what brand to use and to use Ghiradelli chocolate in them. But no one ever listens, one girl said that I must have left something out so no one else would think someone can make brownies as good as mine. So goofy!

Aug 7, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Ugh! I had the same thing happen with my brownie recipe. I'm allergic to wheat so I make homemade brownies that are basically butter, chocolate, caramel and sugar (why yes they ARE delicious) and a touch of rice flour. In my recipe I specify what brand to use and to use Ghiradelli chocolate in them. But no one ever listens, one girl said that I must have left something out so no one else would think someone can make brownies as good as mine. So goofy!
    Have you tried using almond flour? I don't know if you have a nut allergy, but I have a friend who uses almond flour in her cakes, cookies and brownies recipes, and they are awesome. I've eaten plenty of her goodies but never tried to make them myself.

Agree on the Ghirardelli chocolate. It's good stuff.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieMae
    Have you tried using almond flour? I don't know if you have a nut allergy, but I have a friend who uses almond flour in her cakes, cookies and brownies recipes, and they are awesome. I've eaten plenty of her goodies but never tried to make them myself.

Agree on the Ghirardelli chocolate. It's good stuff.
    Oh yes I have a few Christmas recipes that are made with almond meal in fact I tend to make it myself its cheaper then buying it :) It is really delicious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stealing [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 21 she was a good kid I have found out she has been stealing money from my sister she is not on drugs and knows she can ask me for money and I never turn her down she has been lying about a lot of things and I don't know what to do I told her to leave my house and she has...

I cannot stop stealing [ 3 Answers ]

It started about two years ago, a year after my mom left our family without one word of leaving. My dad was in debt, and I never got spending money. I was okay though and for a while I dealt with it. Somewhere down the line, I brought myself to believe that I deserved good things, I deserved pretty...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Does the on-site manager of an apartment complex have the legal right to move my property without giving notice that the property is in the way of other tenants? Can they legally CUT A LOCK to move a bicycle when I was never notified that such action would be taking place? I am the one with the...

View more questions Search