Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braziliannole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 01:01 PM
    From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown
    I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I want to lighten it to a light brown and no green! I was thinking of getting a color corrector that fades dark dye and putting in a semi permanent light brown color with a red/gold base to fix that hint of green. Any suggestions? A professional would be the best option, but that's not an option right now.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
    You've already dyed your hair 3 to 4 times in a short period. If you excessively bleach or color your hair, you will damage it. To neutralize the green cast in your hair, you will need to use red-base hair color. If you want to avoid another hair disaster, I recommend that you get your hair professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Going from blonde to dark golden blonde/light brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I have got blue eyes and olive skin, and blonde hair ( which is rather yellow) it has been highlighted before, but then had just a blonde colour put over it a while go. Anyway, I'm getting a bit fed up of the yellowy ness, and wanting to go dark blonde or light brown? First which do you...

Dark Brown -> Blonde [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair dark brown about 2 months ago. I had light brown hair and I Wanted to darken it up. Well now, I'm trying to go light blonde and it's not working. My roots are pretty darn blonde (yellowish) but the rest of my hair is MAYBE a shade lighter. Please.. how do I fix this? I need to give...

Dark blonde to brown [ 6 Answers ]

My natural hair color is a darker blonde. In January of this year I went to a stylist and had them dye my hair a darker brown. I really liked it, but it continually faded/washed out from day one... even though I bought shampoo and conditioner from the stylist for colored hair and I didn't use...

Trying to get my hair from a not to dark brown to a very light blonde [ 2 Answers ]

I tried bleaching my hair from not to dark of a brown to a bright blonde (comparable to eminem, if that gives anyone a good picture of what I want). After bleaching and rebleaching the sides and back turned out to be about the blonde I wanted, but the top of my head is definitely orange. Any advice...

View more questions Search