Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batgirl21006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Weight Loss
    How do you think I can lose at least 5-10 LBS. in a week if I am about 5'8" and am 13?:confused:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
    You cannot lose 5-10 pounds in a week. In a month you could reasonable lose 10 pounds.
    Any diet that promises super fast weight loss is bogus and any weight lost quickly will come back plus some.

Start today. Cut out bad foods and start eating more veggies, fruits and lean proteins (chicken, fish, turkey, lean cuts of red meat) and start exercising. This is the only way to lose weight in a healthy way.
    p_rich91 Posts: 40, Reputation: 10

Aug 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Glinda is right. 5-10 lbs a week sounds either impossible or only possible if done using things that are dangerous to your health. Remember that it is more imporant to be healthy than thin, and eventually if you are being healthy you will naturally lose weight. It takes dedication because it doesn't happen overnight, but you will be proud of your accomplishment. Cut out sugars and fast food or other fatty things. Drink lots and lots and lots of water, vegetables, fruits, salads, etc. I've heard it's good to eat a few small meals per day than 2-3 big ones, so you don't need to starve as long as you're filling up on healthy foods. If you are thinking about doing other drastic weight loss things like anorexia or bulemia, please talk to someone about this... it is extremely dangerous and once you start you may need professional help to stop. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask about some information for "Himalayan diet breakthough".I am thinking to try it,but bifore that,I want to know is it work or no.May be I could finde some one who used bifore and to give me some idea there is use of it or no.I am looking for some medicine to help me to lose weight.I am...

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

If you're calorie counting? How do you know how much to count? Total calories? Count calories per serving? Which?

Weight Loss [ 4 Answers ]

Is It Bad That I Have Lost 25 Pounds In One Month... I Do Weight Watchers So I Eat Healthy, Then I Skip Meal, Then On Top Of That I Take Weight Loss Pills And On Top Of That I Have Been Doing The Cottage Cheese Diet Where If I Do Eat I Eat Nothing But Plain Low Fat Cottage Cheese!! How Bad Is That...

Weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?

View more questions Search