Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistytropics Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Being sued and scared of the outcome
    Im being sued for 11,ooo from a credit card , I am living paycheck to paycheck,what can they do to me? Also what should I be bringing with me to court,ex: for paper work. ANd can I get a court appointed lawyer to help me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 12:32 PM
    First you need to file an intent to Defend so they don't get a default judgement. Next you need to send the creditor a letter asking for verification of the debt. You go into court and make sure they produce veirifcation. If they don't you ask for a dismissal.

I believe court appointed lawyers are only in criminal cases, not civil. But you may be able to get a legal aid atty.
    mistytropics Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Thank You, so much I wish I had found this site earlier my court date is this Friday not enough time to get that paper work. But thanks for the info
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 02:48 PM
    It doesn't matter that much. Go into court and ask the creditor rep if he works for the creditor (he has to) and if he has proof of the debt. If he doesn't ask the judge for a dismissal. If the judge asks you whether the debt is yours tell him you don't know since you haven't be given any validation of the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation outcome [ 6 Answers ]

Posted question about probation violation several weeks ago. Just want to give a quick update. I went to court for the revocation of probation hearing. The attorney I hired a few weeks before met me there... we talked then waited our turn. He went to talk with the probation officer making...

Being sued [ 3 Answers ]

Being sued need to know my rights. What happens in court, what to say in court, how much can they take,I`m single parent .

Honest conversation... Outcome? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok guys.. Here's a tough one! Remember my last post? I broke my long distance relationship off 4 months ago, I dated another guy, then told my ex I still missed him, he told me he did too, we started having regular contact and realize we have feelings for each other, I told him its very...

I'm being sued,what will they get? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Pa. I am being sued for rear ending someone and will most likely have a judgement put against me. This insurance was in my husbands name. Can his car be taken if we are no longer living together but still legally married.my wages cannot be garnished because they are so low. Can his...

Cat/kitten outcome? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently looking after a stray we found under our shed. Here goes the problems... she was pregnant delivered two days(JUNE 9TH) before I could catch her to take her to the vet, had 6 kittens all seemed OK all passed away day by day(maybe fading kitten syndrome?) with the last guys I...

View more questions Search