Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12hel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Untidy neighbor
    I Live In A Terrace House, Which I Own. The Owner Two Doors Down Has Not Touched His Front Or Back Garden For About 8 Years. The Front Of The House Is Totally Covered With Brambles Bushes And Small Trees. The Back Of The House Is The Same. He Has Two Cars , One Of Which Is In His Parking Space Next Too His Garage And Has Been Rotting Away For The Last 4 Years. The Blinds Are Always Closed, We Never See Him And When He Has Been Confronted About The State Of His House He Says He Is Going To Do Something About It. But Never Does. Can Anything Be Done (legally)
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I think if you check with the city or county they might issue a citation for his property being in such a nasty condition.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Contact the local building code enforcement office. Tell them everything you've said here. They'll investigate and, if he is in violation of any specific code(s), they'll be able to take corrective steps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 09:02 AM
    If the community os covered by some sort of tenants association he can be fined for not maintaining the house. Otherwise you need to check local laws that cover maintenance of exterior property. There could be health issues (rats in the brambles, etc.).

But if the local govt won't do anything there is no much you can do other than offering the help of the neighbors in clearing it away. Maybe he is just too infirm or doesn't have the propert equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pushy neighbor [ 7 Answers ]

I need advice on how to deal with our pushy neighbor. I basically like him and adore his wife but would like ideas on how to deal with his behavior better. Our neighbor is the type that started asking for favors at the start before he ever lived here while building his house across the street. He...

Neighbor and his lawnmower [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor was mowing his lawn this weekend. The mower deck waws set so low that he was hitting roots and other debris. I had washed my car earlier in the day and noticed after he had cut his grass that I hsad two (2) scratches. Can't say for sure that it was him and his lawnmower, but there is...

Crazy neighbor [ 33 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for 14 years, quietly with my husband, no kids. About 5 years ago a new neighbor moved in. We tried to be nice at first, but then heard them talking about us, so we kept our distance. Now the teenage girl is accusing me of watching her through my windows, and of being...

Harassing Neighbor [ 12 Answers ]

We moved into our house 7 months ago and our neighbor has called several times to complain about various things. The latest phone call was in regards to my husband smoking a brisket for MY birthday party! She claims that the smoke hovers in her back yard and she and her husband are not able to...

Neighbor harassment [ 2 Answers ]

In a case of credit card debt, when the account has gone to a collection agency, is it legal for them to call the owner of the account's neighbors and discuss the account,etc. with them,on the pretense of being unable to make contact? If not, who can this be reported to?

View more questions Search