Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rob-falls church Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Spruce root removal
    I recently had a 20+ year old blue spruce removed. It left a lot of roots. How should I remove the roots especially the roots on top of the ground? I want to plant grass in the area.
    Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-falls church
    I recently had a 20+ year old blue spruce removed. It left a lot of roots. How should I remove the roots especially the roots on top of the ground? I want to plant grass in the area.
    Thanks!
    T

There is no easy solution. Start digging! Or pay someone to dig for you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 08:41 AM
    The only thing you may want to consider is getting a chain around the base and pulling with a tractor or other heavy vehicle. Get yourself a Mattox which is designed to both dig and chop tree roots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root kill [ 1 Answers ]

I am removing a stump from my yard. The root system is producing shoots all over. Is there anything out on the market to kill the roots? People tell me of stuff you can paint on the stump or some spray?

Prunning a Blue Spruce tree [ 1 Answers ]

I have a miniature Blue Spruce which has been in place for some 15 years and is about 15feet high. I want to "prune" some of the lower branches in order to give more sunlight below the tree. Will it hurt the tree to do this? I don't want to do any damage to it and was looking for advice.

Root Systems [ 1 Answers ]

How about helping out a fellow expert,(plumbing page)? I live on the West coast of Florida. When Tropical Storm Gabriel came ashore a few days after 9/11 the combination of rain,(soggy soil) and wind toppled a Jacaranda Tree that was over fifty feet tall and forty eight years old. This tree has no...

Some root equations [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I need some help with solving x for these equations: 1 x^2-4x+6=sqrt{2x^2-8x+12} 2 \frac{x}{x+1} -2 \frac sqrt{x+1}sqrt{x}=3 3 \frac{sqrt x + \sqrtx}{sqrt x - \sqrtx}=3

Post root canal [ 1 Answers ]

I had a root canal done yesterday morning on the last molar, upper left side (not wisdom tooth). On the 4th root, the dentist popped through the tooth (I could feel it and the drill temporarily got stuck). I am still having the same amount of pain and throbbing in the area, which I was told could...

View more questions Search