Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gilbertcnf22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Craftsman lawm mower will not move when clutch is engaged
    Craftsman lawn mower model # 917270710 will not move when I release the clutch. This happens in all gears.
    jrtaub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertcnf22
    craftsman lawn mower model # 917270710 will not move when I release the clutch. this happens in all gears.
    Sounds like the ground belt may have come off.

Joel
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Check your drive belt. You can go to :
    Dixiesales.com
    And click on the "MORE SEARS MODELS HERE"
    Then enter your model #
    And you can look at your parts lists for #s and also you can look at your
    Diagrams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman mower clutch/brake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor and something happened while mowing. Now to get the mower to go forward or reverse I have to pull back on the clutch/brake pedal. Works fine as long as I have it pulled back, but my foot is getting tired holding it in position so the mower will go. Recently...

Toro 57360 Clutch locked in engaged mode [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot shift when engine running, and mower keeps trying to move forward. Installed new belt. Ran following test: Park Brake ON Wheels chocked Tranny in neutral Clutch Depressed or Not depressed (makes no difference) Transaxle pulley still turns.

Craftsman garden tractor makes noise when transaxle is engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Craftsman Garden tractor that makes a pretty rough noise after I engage the transaxle. And it sounds like its coming from below the motor and not towards the rear of the tractor. And the tractor moves fine after I engage the transmission I know that if I don't get it fixed something...

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

View more questions Search