Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guilty123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Theft under $5000, in ontario
    I got caught under section 334(b), theft under $5000, in ontario first time. Need to appear in court. I'm guilty and would never ever going to do this mistake. I would not like to get those under my record. What are things should I do. Can anyone guide me for this please, so that my carrier not get affected. And what are the consequences for this. Thanking You...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Ask for diversion or alternate measures. Usually granted for a first offense, it will mean restitution and community service after which your record will be expunged.

Of course you could have found that out by reading any of the several threads here on this subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under $5000 [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I live in toronto and me and my friend just a made a mistake by doing shoplifting or aka "theft under $5000" at the local zellers. I'm 16 years old and this if my first ofence. I have a court date on feb.28 with my friend too and I have yet to hire a lawyer. I'm so young I dunt want my life...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft Under 5000.H.E.L.P! [ 3 Answers ]

OK... heres the thing. In late December and January, I stole some gift cards from a store I was working at at the time. The total came to 1000. One month later, I gave them the money back and appologized for stealing it. I was then told that they would be notifying the cops. 2.5 months later,...

Theft Under $5000, Ontario, What To Do? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a good friend of mine get caught stealing small amounts of money from the employee break room at his work. He was caught over a few different occasions on camera, but never confronted until the other day when the police showed up at his work to arrest him. He was questioned and given...

Theft under 5000 ontario ? [ 2 Answers ]

I recentlly was held in jail for 5 days due to a child support issue during this time I was brought back into court before my 5 days was up and was charged with theft under 5000 x2 now these charges where from where I worked as a superintendent over 5 years ago. The crowns disclosure stated they...

View more questions Search