Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Aug 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Not an addiction ? But?
    Well, this isn't really an addiction question but it seems like it kind of fell into this group. I was just wondering does anyone know how long after you take a pain pill it takes to get into your system where it would show up on a drug test. I have a prescription for Lortab and I took it the other day and then I had to go take a drug test and I was just curious if anyone knew I have had to do this before and never been notified to verify active prescription. Thanks :confused:
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Aug 6, 2007, 12:45 AM
    In your case, about 72 hours. If you take a lot of water before your test, you could shorten that amount. Keep in mind, if this test was for an interview, they might not even bother asking you if you had a RX. They'd just pass over you...

Aug 6, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I don't think you completely understood my question how long does it take for the pain pill to get into my system after I take it not how long does it take to get out of my system and they actually have to call and verify active prescriptions when doing drug test that is part of the process of having a drug test done for a pharmacy technician. B/c I was not working when I took the test
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
    I think it usually takes about an hour since medication has to travel through your blood stream
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 08:51 AM
    It is different for every medication, now Lortab has a half life of 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours. So, it would take 3 - 4 hours to get into your system for detection.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 6, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Umm aren't loritabs very addicting pills? Just wondering. Why are you worried how long it will stay if you have a valid reason and prescription for it? I would think you would tell your employer that you take it for a specific reason and it shouldn't be an issue. IF you told them upfront than they wouldn't need to question why it showed up on your drug test.

Aug 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Ok I said in the beginning that I was just asking this question out of curiosity that was all. It is not a big deal and just so you know it is an addicting med when not taken correctly and I take this medication because I have chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and severe back problems but I don't take my pain pills while working but I also suffer from migraines too. It is kind of one of those sh*tty things you name the problem I have probably had it or will sooner or later I live in pan everyday all day long and it sucks it is a hard life to live
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Aug 6, 2007, 09:55 PM
    As far as the back pain goes, have you looked into the "Crespo" technique? It's a machine slightly akin to the medieval rack, that stretches your spine, and takes pressure off herniated disks. Which, in a back hand way, might reduce the migraines...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a cure for an alcoholic

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Addiction to Ice? [ 2 Answers ]

My mom is an alcoholic and a long time smoker. She has been 6 months sober and has picked up a new addiction. Ice, not the drug, but literally frozen water... She says it curbs her craving for nicotine sometimes. Does anyone know a reason why she might choose ice?

Darvocet addiction [ 1 Answers ]

I have been taking Darvocet for neck pain from cervical spine surgery in 1997. Since then I have unfortunately become addicted. I've managed to cut back to for a day, but when I try stopping it, it's an awful feeling. What is a good way to wean off? Any advice really appreciated! :confused:

Can The internet be an addiction? [ 4 Answers ]

Well There's this website called Habbo ~ Welcome to Habbo Hotel Canada and I can't seem to get off it I'm just addicted to it, I wouldn't say its really an addiction but its like I'm stuck to it its horrible and I don't know how to quit and I really want to but I just enjoy it so much and I know I...

View more questions Search