Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Aug 5, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Friend asks me out
    OK that guy who asked me out a while back and now were good friends, he kind of told me was about to ask me out we were text messaging we were texting about how he kind of has a promblem with me liking him even though he's never talked to or even seen the guy he asked me weather I still was in "love" with him I said I still like him but I don't love him and I asked "why, do you care" he said maybe I told him if he cared he would know and he said I was going to ask you but I didn't cause I know you'd say no we talked a little after and we haven't talked since well its only been a day but it seems like forever the promblem I have is I kind of like him to but I have to problem I'm not aloud to date and my sister every time I vist or do something with him she's all suspitous and also I don't want to ruin our friend ship he also kind of has a thing with changing girls a lot although he's liked me for a while I'm not sure if it's the right thing to go out with him :confused:
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Aug 6, 2007, 06:20 AM
    If you are not sure about whether you truly like a guy or not, don't rush into the relationship so quickly. Having sincere feelings for someone and "kinda liking" someone are two very different things. You told him yourself that love would not describe how you feel, and it was absolutely right of you to be completely honest with him. From the conversation shared on text messaging, you both seem a little hesitant about being more than friends. Until things get looser and more trustworthy in your friendship, I would not consider dating the guy, especially since you pointed out his "thing" of changing girls a lot. To most people, that is highly unattractive and shows his immaturity. Your sister is worried about you probably beacause she doesn't want you getting you hurt - she is a loving, caring sister that only wants the best for you, although it may seem a bit annoying now. Your parents are making these dating rules most likely for the same reason. It's best to follow them for now, especially since you are finding all of these turn-offs in this guy early on. If you really feel like going for it, look at the future. How long do you think the relationship will last? Do you see him dumping you for another girl just for the "change"? There are better guys out there who never do things like that, and will treat you great because you are who they're with. I would seriously consider your feelings and how others feel about things as waring signs to the relationship's potential. I hope things go well... good luck :) !

Aug 6, 2007, 02:03 PM
    I do love him like a brother but I'm not sure if I like him enough as a boyfriend to go out with him sometimes he'll ask out someone if he doesn't like them all the way like that I just asked him if he like my friend who he recently asked out he said no I asked him who he likes and he won't answer with even I'm not telling wich is usually what I do or he does when he doesn't feel comfterbal saying who he likes like he's done with when he's liked one of my friends
    XxXscarsXxX Posts: 166, Reputation: 8

Aug 7, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Well go out with him.. who knows you guys might turn out to be more than friends! If you know what I mean.

If it doesn't work out say I'm sorry but I think were better as friends.tell him not to take it personally.

Good luck! Hope it works out!! ;)

Aug 7, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Yesterday I was at the bookstore with some friends trying to find an iniproprite section just so we could piss off the people who worked there by being loud we couldn't find it then I texted him asking were it was and he just texted I like nobody I'm like wow were did that come from he's like sorry nothing we talked some more or rather texted after that if was time to go to bed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Apt Complex asks for additional (to deposit) $ after move out [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I got a letter from collection agency regarding collecting additional $120 dollars toward repairs done in the apartment iI moved out in December. My security deposit was rather small $199 (advertised move-in special) and I thought that will limit my liability to them. I am in CA and...

Guest asks to bring another [ 3 Answers ]

I need some advice on to how to handle this situation. My daughter has invited my good friend, husband and young adult children to her wedding. Today my friend called to ask if her daughter could bring her boyfriend as they plan to have his parents babysit their 10 year old and he would drive...

Who pays for what if the girl asks for the date? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been out of the loop on current dating trends for decades now. But, now that my good looking son is 16, girls are constantly hitting on him. I should add that he has led a rather sheltered life up to now - we live in the country, where he has one best friend, and he's also attended a private...

View more questions Search