Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jane2019 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
    I did a dumb thing!
    Hi, Well here is my question. I met this guy about 2 months ago through my mother and
    His mother. I liked him a lot but didn't do anything because it felt awkward. Also later I
    Found out he had a girlfriend. 2 months passed by and I heard he broke up with his girlfriend. I wasn;t sure though. I found his e-mail and started e-mailing him cards.
    I din't tell him who I was. I also found his phone number. I called his cell phone I started
    Calling him but didn't get the nerve to say anything so I kept hanging up. ANyhow he found out it was me. He is mad at me. He didn't understand why I didn't just call him and tell him who I was.I tried to explain to him that I wanted to but I felt weird because of the way we met. I said was sorry in an e-mail. FROm my e-mail this time. My question what can I do to try to get this guy to give me second chance... THank you:confused: I also told him I felt if he rejected me he would tell his mom I called him. HE said he wouldn't do that.He also said it wasn't the e-mails that bothered him it was the phone calls..
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2007, 03:00 PM
    The phone calls you made were reminiscent of prank calls, which is probably why he's angry. Leave the phone alone and send him an email saying whatever it is you want to say. If he does not return the email or call you, forget it.

Aug 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
    What should I do?
    How many times should I say sorry to someone? I met this guy through family. I was scared to call him. So I emailed him without telling him who I am. I also tried calling him
    And kept hanging up because I was nervous. Now he is mad at me . HOw many times
    Should I say sorry to convince him to give me a second chance...
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 05:14 PM
    To be honest you will probably not get another chance. The behavior you exhibited was inappropriate and it probably freaked him out that someone he does not know began calling and emailing him.

Apologizing once is enough and leave it alone. I'm sure its an uncomfortable situation for all parties involved and you should just let it lie.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
    One time will be fine. Just explain to him what happened and why you hung up on him. I am sure you both will get a good laugh out of it:)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
    If you've sincerely said sorry to him and he won't accept it then I wouldn't say it anymore. YOu have tried and it is up to him whether he wants to forgive you now. No amount of saying sorry will make him change his mind. In fact it will probably only annoy him more.

You've admitted you made a mistake and if he was any type of guy worth being with then he would just get over it and realise you had your reasons for acting how you did.

If he can't accept that then don't worry about him. He'd probably only make your life a misery anyway if he lives with anger and resentment.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
    U didn't do anything wrong why you apologize for it.
    All you did was being shy and didn't tell him you wrote to him-anything wrong with it?
    He didn't get your vibe , that's his fault.his loss!
    I won't get mad because someone did this to me.
    I just don't see there is a reason to like him anymore! Move on, there are tons of good guys out there. Someone who will be appreciate you and love you.

Aug 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
    How to convince a man?
    I e-mailed this guy without telling him who I was. Than I called hime and kept hanging
    Up because I was nervous. This only happened 4 or 5 days. When he found it it was me
    He told me If I Had called and told him who I was he would have spoken to me. I e-mailed
    Him that I was sorry. I want to call him and tell him I'm sorry on the phone to. How
    Can I convince this guy to give me another chance... Thank you
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Aug 6, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Well firstly he can't give you a second chance, there is no chance to give. I mean you have not based on what you said connected yet.

It would seem that you are letting your emotions get the better of you, it happens to us all but it makes you do things that once done you regret. Instead of doing things in a way you would like to do. If you continue, then you will spend more time apologising than doing what you want/need to do and that is get to know him.

Tip: When your emotions are running really high and you feel overwhelmed... STEP BACK, emotionaly take a step back, don't act on them. When your emotions are not as high then act on them, don't overthink things.

You like a guy and want to get to know him. Right ! Role reversal, imagine somebody liking you and wanting to get to know you, what would work... There is your answer.

Good luck.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:41 AM
    TO be honest with you at this moment the more u try to convince him, the worse it will turn.
    Just let it go, and I truly don't think u need to apologize for what u have done.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Just call him. He's probably willing enough to give you another chance. Just don't keep on being so shy and hanging up.
    nbarry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jane2019
    I e-mailed this guy without telling him who I was. Than I called hime and kept hanging
    up becuase I was nervous. This only happened 4 or 5 days. When he found it it was me
    he told me If I Had called and told him who I was he would have spoken to me. I e-mailed
    him that I was sorry. I want to call him and tell him I'm sorry on the phone to. How
    can I convince this guy to give me another chance... Thank you
    At least you were honest enough to admit it was you. But you must realize that he probably may think that , that was an immature thing to do. You apologized to him already and if he wants to give it a try with you then you must believe that in time he will let you know. But calling him to apologize AGAIN, is a little bit too much. He might think you're a.)stalker b.)needy or c.)annoying
    Good luck

Aug 6, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Love at first sight?
    I met this man and feel so connectd to him. DO you believe in love at first sight?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Yes-- thαts how I met my husbαnd

Aug 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
    How did you guys get together? Who made the first move?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
    αhh well it's α long story..

I wαs in the cαr of α current boyfriend in the student pαrking lot αt school αnd then I sαw him αnd I couldn't tαke my eyes off him-- me αnd the current guy we're going through stuff αlreαdy [he gαve me α promise ring αfter the 3rd month of dαting αnd wαs moving wαyyy too fαst] so I told him we would go on α "breαk"-- the next couple weeks I would see my whαt is now husbαnd in the hαllwαys I never sαid αnything I would just do α flirty smile αnd wαlk αwαy-- he noticed me αnd 2 weeks went by he αsked for my number αfter clαss αnd well we've been together ever since!

I would tell you in full detαil but like I sαid it's sooo long! :):):)

Bottom line: love αt first sight is reαl but it doesn't αlwαys work out for everyone
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Yes me and my husband do... just make sure the feeling is mutal with him

Aug 12, 2007, 05:37 PM
    What should I Do?
    I met this guy through my mom and I really liked him. At that time he went back to a woman who he was engaged with that hurt him. Well that was 2 months ago. I heard he wasn't with this woman anymore. I was thinking about contacting him but I feel weird.
    What if he is still with this woman and I was wrong. Or what if he tells his mom I called. His
    Mom and my mom know each other. I know he liked me when we met. I heard he did. I
    Also could tell by the way he looked at me. I'm just scared he turns me down and tells
    His mom.. WHat should I do..
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Let it go for another few months maybe 6 months and make sure that he really is breaking up with his ex or you will just become the person he turns to when he needs a side fling.

Aug 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
    What do you think?
    Do you believe in Destiny?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search