Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceelpiano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Hampton Fan receiver
    Where is the receiver located on a Hampton Bay ceiling fan?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 01:20 PM
    It will be under canopy at ceiling, or switch housing, usually. Usually 5 wires.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Depending on the fan, it's at the ceiling, down by the light, or in the housing by the motor.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Receiver [ 12 Answers ]

Have a Northport III 52" ceiling fan and can't figure out where to place the remote receiver. The installation manual says to place it in the upper canopy, but there's not enough room and after installing I can't secure the canopy. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?:confused:

Replacing Receiver on Hamton bay fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the receiver on a Hampton Bay Fan without pull chains?

Wiring the new receiver to the fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new receiver to replace in the ceiling fan. Ceiling has 3 wires : Brown (L) + Blue (neutral ) + Yellow/Green ( ground) Receiver-IN 3 wires : Brown (L) + Blue (neutral) + Yellow/green Till now there is no problem Receiver-OUT 4 wires : Brown + blue + Black/white striped +...

Hampton Bay Redingtom IV Ceiling fan remote receiver [ 1 Answers ]

The yellow covered remote control receiver in the fan box is simply too big to fit in the decorative mounting bracket cover. The directions mention a receiver mounting bracket, that was not there, and wouldn't have fit inside either. Anyone had to deal with this yet? Instructions attached. Jim

Hunter Fan Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter fan with a remote that is a discontinued model. The light only stays on for awhile and then shuts off but the Fan works fine. The Hunter help line said that the receiver was probably bad but no replacement is available but could sell me a new fan at a steep discount. Why can't I buy...

View more questions Search