Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freesoul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
    I want to know why!
    Why is it that criminals are treated without mercy but the bible says that GOD gave grace to us so I think that we should get grace to criminals
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Because here on Earth if a man murders another man, he belongs in prison to pay for what he has done. Once he has he has paid his debt to society, he should be forgiven and be able to live a normal life. But in today's society no matter if you paid your debt for your crimes, living a normal life after prison is not possible, because you will always be labeled as a criminal. In the Bible it says that man was created in Gods likeness, but we are not perfect. We do pass judgement and label people when they should be forgiven and given a helping hand.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
    God loves everyone and has available grace to criminals too. As a response to God's grace, we are to repent of our sins, ask God's forgiveness in Jesus' name, and live lives of love toward Him and toward His creatures. The very definition of "criminal" is that a crime, a bad thing, has been done, i.e. love has NOT been shown. If criminals repent of their crimes and seek God's forgiveness and turn over a new leaf, they live in God's grace.

Of course, for any bad thing we do, there is a consequence. For a criminal, even if he has repented, he must suffer the consequence of his crime--a prison term, a fine, community service, etc.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Hello free:

I don't know. I think we treat our criminals OK. Most get second chances. It's those people who AREN'T criminals, but are locked up anyway that we have to worry about. There's LOTS of them. You know, like the non violent pot smoker...

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Who says criminals are treated "without mercy?" Free room, board, clothing, entertainment, medical care, education, recreation ; doesn't exactly sound like "mercy" is lacking for these criminals. If you want to bring God into the picture, by biblical standards a lot of these criminals should have been executed for their crimes.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 06:23 PM
    It's because we have a separation of church and state in this country. God's laws differ from those of man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search