Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Cold water tank full of hot water
    All the cold taps upstairs and the toilet are now running hot. Cold water tank in the loft is full of hot water!

Help!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Any changes prior to this happening, especially to the hot water heater?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
    jlisenbe asked,"Any changes prior to this happening, especially to the hot water heater?"
    I would ask the same thing about ANY mixing faucets that have been replaced or repaired. This sounds like a cross connection. Regards, Tom
    charland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 10:14 PM
    No changes. Just happened yesterday. I have switched off the emersion heater and run the taps to empty the hot (steaming!) water from the cold water tank in the loft. Now the water is cold. Tried turning the emersion back on and it went pop - like a lightbulb sound. So switched it off and awaiting plumber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Hot water entering cold tank [ 1 Answers ]

My oil furnace delivers water at a controlled 70 degrees. After running for 2 hours or more warm water migtates up to the cold water tank and begins to heat it. What is the cause and how can it be rectified please?

Hot Cold Water Tank? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all, Can anyone tell me, even a good guess, what might be happening here. We have an indirect boiler system (the hot tank refilling from the cold tank in the attic). I recently noticed we had terrible condensation in the attic. We regularly go up there and have never seen any previously....

Hot water tank is cold, radiators working [ 2 Answers ]

I recently turned the water off to repair a pipe which I had accedently hammered a nail through. When I turned the water back on everything worked fine, but I've now noticed that when I put the heating on, the radiators all work but the water in the hot water tank doesn't heat up. Water comes out...

Hot water entering cold tank [ 11 Answers ]

The cold tank was overflowing. I changed the diaphragm valve, but the tank still overflowed. I then noticed that water was entering the cold water tank from the hot tank feed! The water in the cold tank was tepid and not cold! Time to call in the plumber! The plumber noticed that even when...

View more questions Search