Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacknife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2005, 02:26 PM
    My dodge spirits problems??
    I have a 1990 3.0 v6 dodge spirit with 150000 miles. Ever since I got it its had a problem with overheating although I'm not sure its over heating. The temp gauge is fine but after driving around for awhile it starts to chug and then just dies and won't restart for at least 30 minutes.
    Also just recently my transmission has had problems. When I first take off it shifts fine until I get above 45 then it slips into neutral and won't kick bak in until I decel to 45. After that it remains stuk in gear until the next time I park it and take off. Any suggestions on either problem would be helpful!!
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Aug 9, 2005, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife
    ever since i got it its had a problem with overheating although im not sure its over heating. the temp guage is fine...
    I don't know anything about Dodges, but I'm just curious how do you know it's got problems with overheating, but are not sure if it's overheating?

Also, how do you know the temp gauge is fine?

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just trying to learn more about your problems.

Also, I have no experience with Automatic Transmissions, so I cannot help you with your second problem.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 07:46 PM
    I'd link the chug and no start, to a spark problem something is failing under heat, coil maybe... the transmission sounds like its about to die though... whens the last time the filter, and fluid was changed? Also I've used ( find it at napa ) lucas transmission fix, its in a bottle you add during a change, I forget the exact name, used it before and did great. Also check the trans fluid, too low and it will start to lung. Check it while the car is running, and fully warmed up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Wine and spirits [ 77 Answers ]

I feel a little bit guilty for posting in here while I am in mourning and observing shiva... but I'm having trouble sleeping again and I guess this is a bit of a distraction for me. If you're curious what I'm talking about, please read my thread under bereavement: ...

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

01 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram, my problem is that my engine light came on and stayed on a week ago, now for no reason my truck shifts in and out of overdrive, can anybody help, we need our truck we are a motocross family.

View more questions Search