Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daphie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 08:16 AM
    MoneyProblem with Boyfriend
    My boyfriend is really bad on money. He frequently borrows money from me and rarely pays me back even though I ask him for it many times..
    This time, I lent him about 700USD and he doesn't seem like he cares about it too much.. because he knows I earn more money than him.
    I am afraid he won't pay me back again.
    How should I ask him and let him realize that he needs to pay me back this time? What is the smart way of asking?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 5, 2007, 08:27 AM
    First, Friends And Family, Always Remember This... Never Loan Out Money To Either, Unless It Is A Gift, Don't Expect It Back, If You Get It Back Then Great If Not, Then You Figured That Already. Money Causes To Many Problems With Relatives Its Just Not Worth It,
    Does You Boyfriend Have A Job? To Me It Sounds Like He May Not Have One Or Just Doesn't Make Any Money At What He Does. Thus Doesn't Respect What It Takes To Make The Money, Doesn't Understand The Time You Spend To Make What You Do.
    If You Really Want To Get It Back, Make Him Give You Payments, Until Hes Paid You Back, Id Think Twice About Giving Him Money, If He Asks Then Say You Can't Because You Thought You'd Be Getting The Other Money From Him. So Now Your Short On Cash.

My Cousin Is The Same Way He Has No Concept Of What It Takes To Earn A Dollar. And Giving In To Them Just Makes It Worse, They'll Never Learn.

So In Recap, Just Tell Him You Want It Back In Payments Or He Want Be Borrowing Anymore, And You Have To Let Him Know How This Bothers You. Good Luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Stop giving the bum money since he already shows he can't be trusted. You have only yourself to blame.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Ultimately, your best solution is to stop lending him money. If you haven't already seen any of what he owes you, don't hold your breath waiting. Just don't let the debt get any bigger. If he asks why, flat-out tell him it's because he never pays you back. You may also want to encourage him to consult with a financial advisor to help him better manage his money. He obviously lacks budgeting and overall money management skills. Continuing to "bail him out" by lending him more and more isn't going to solve the problem.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
    I agree stop giving him money. At least until he pays you back what he owes you. Then you can make you own choice weather or not to lend him money after that
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Why are you giving him money when he hasn't paid you back for the last time he took from you? He sounds like a loser and if I were you I would let him know that you are not giving him one cent until he pays you back. And I would not break up with him until you get all your money back. I'm not telling you to break up, but what kind of relationship can last long with a boyfriend like this?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
    I'd be so ashamed to have to ask my girlfriend for money. I mean it's one thing if were out and I forget my wallet. Twenty dollars here and there is nothing but to have to ask for hundreds because I'm a sponge well I just wouldn't even consider myself a man. But then again, I have a thing called pride, your boyfriend doesn't.

Now that being said, I don't blame him. If a customer went to a bank and took out a loan then never repaid it but they gave me another loan and never repaid that one then they gave him a loan for $700.00 and he never repaid that one I'm not blaming the customer. That's the bank's fault and they deserve the loss there going to take.

Sometimes the lessons we learn in life come at a cost and yours came a cost of money. Your only solution now would probably be small claims court. But I doubt you had him sign anything so that's a tough loan for you prove.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend [ 123 Answers ]

How do I help someone addicted to coke that one day wants help and the next day don't want help. Its killing me to see the love of my life killing himself. He says he loves me and wants to be with me but at the moment were not together because he says he don't like himself and doesn't want me to...

How to get a boyfriend! [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I am nearly 14 and I have never had a boyfriend, I liked guys but they have just played with me!how do I get a guy to like me? What are key things to do ad NOT to do's:confused:

She has a boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I fell in love with a girl that has a boyfriend... and she keeps telling me she still loves him but her actions towards me clearly shows she doesn't want to be with him.. what should I do?

My Boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 months now, it is a first for both of us. However problems have been occurring. He wants to be close to me but I can't bring myself to let him. I am worried and I am scared. What would you suggest? Is there anything that I can do? :confused:

My boyfriend can not [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months, we both just celebrated our birthdays. He turned 30, I turned 27. I have a high sex drive. I want it all the time. I am divorced and I used to have sex with my husband 3 times a day for years. My currant boyfriend takes meds for bipolar and depression...

View more questions Search