Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Nope nali I brought my children in this world. Their well being is my final say period. He knew this before we had kids and acceppted it.
    He had a big part in it too you know??
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Skell It works for us. We have been together for 19 1/2 years so he must not mind me being in control of our kids. He was not forced to marry me nor to have kids.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Comments on this post
    bushg agrees: doctors opinions vary just like the rest of the worlds do, not every doctor believes in circumcisions. Thank god my neices didn't that is why her little boy is still intact!

Now your making it sound as though getting the procedure done is a bad thing. Why?
    I have two nephews who have had the operation done and im sure they are just as perfect as your nieces kids.

Im circumcised and i still feel my old fella is intact as you put it. In fact i wouldnt change the way he looks for all the tea in china. OK.. maybe an inch or two.

But you kinda sound like it is a real bad or dirty thing. Thats your view but thats it. No more correct than anyones elses.
    Didn't say it was better not one time. Your sex may be better. I have heard/read that it takes away from the male pleasure. Dirty no. Just unnecessary, Yes I do think it is bad. Same as if I pulled my teeth to prevent tooth decay. Just does not make much sense to me. If there is a problem then circumcise. Under sedation. Babies feel pain can you imagine how they suffer? If I have tooth decay then I can have them pulled/fixed under pain management.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:56 PM
    I just found something on the internet stating that many practitioners are starting to use some form of anesthesia for circumcision. I'm not trying to say anyone is right or wrong (at all) but I thought it might be a good read.

Anesthesia for Circumcision
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
    I don't feel there is anything wrong with curcumsizing your little boy, but that is just my opinion. This is one of those topics where everyone has their own opinion and everyone is going to stand their ground. And everyone has that right :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Lol yes you are right Nauti, I will not wavier and what people choose to do with their children is their choice. But the op posted and I gave her my opinion. Not popular but it is my opinion.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:04 AM
    lol yes you are right Nauti, I will not wavier and what people choose to do with their children is their choice. But the op posted and I gave her my opinion. not popular but it is my opinion.
    I had to spread the rep hun, because I wanted to give you a good one. But everyone has a right to their own opinion and even though you think yours is not popular (which there are a lot of women that feel the same way as you do, so it is quite popular), I think your opinion is still valid :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer10
    True you can get it done later, but Doctors suggest earlier is better, because babies, like getting their umbilical cord cut off, will not remember getting this done. You should speak to your doctors because a reason it's done in American hospitals is because it prevents men from getting some really nasty infections out there. And it will not harm your child. But again, no one should ever force you to do this. You should explain the reasons why you don't want this done, but also hear out the reasons why your partner does.
    Very true, I had my son circumsized, but a lot of people I know chose not to and that was their reasoning... I was just giving and unbiased opinion before.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
    didn't say it was better not one time. Your sex may be better. I have heard/read that it takes away from the male pleasure. Dirty no. Just unnecessary, Yes I do think it is bad. Same as if I pulled my teeth to prevent tooth decay. Just does not make much sense to me. If there is a problem then circumcise. Under sedation. Babies feel pain can you imagine how they suffer? If I have tooth decay then I can have them pulled/fixed under pain management.
    Well I certainly don't need any more pleasure. I don't have the slightest problem with your view. I think it is great and you have given the OP lots to think about.

I did however take offense to your terminology suggesting that a circumcised penis is in some way damaged. Not intact as you put it.

You seem to be taking the view that I am arguing with your views against circumcision. Not at all. The only point I made was that it is a case by case scenario and the OP should talk to her doctor. Nothing more.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
    If something is removed I consider it not intact is all I meant, lol not that you were damaged beyond enjoyment. Dreamer kind of had my feathers ruffled, with his claims. No problem though. My intentions was to support the op not to offend anyone one.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Sign an agreement of paternity at the hospital? I have had two kids and have never had to sign such a paper, but then again I was in/just got out of labor, so i might not remember.

All you need is one parents consent for the circumcision, and the hospital will do it.
    Are you married? If you are you would never be asked to sign one.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babieface85
    Are you married? If you are you would never be asked to sign one.
    Ah okay. Yeah I'm married, so that makes sense :p
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer10
    I think more and more people in general are getting this done...especially in the Western world because it's "cleaner" and safer for men. But I'm not saying that a man who does not get this done will get infections, but I am saying, as Doctors and hospitals do, that it is less likely to get certain infections on the penis after this procedure is performed.
    You still haven't explained your logic for not wanting to get this done.

It's okay to not want your child to have this done...but have a good reason for your partner. And the child hurting is not a very good reason, because they hurt too when their cord is cut off, but that is for the best. Think of a good reason why you don't want this to be done, and then tell your partner.
    You are jew or muslimare not you?More than 85% of European men are not circumcised.If you think the USA is the Western civilization you are very mistaken.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
    GV70 disagrees: it's proven to be a very health thing too. It's recommended...who proved it as imperative

And then you posted "You are jew or muslimare not you?More than 85% of European men are not circumcised.If you think the USA is the Western civilization you are very mistaken."

GV70, I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me when I am also saying that it's healthy and recommended, but not something anyone "has" to get done. And no, don't take it that America is "the" Western Civilization, as you are angered by. I hope though, that you don't have anything against the great nation of America. I am Christian. But why do you need to know what religion I am?

I said, if you read correctly, that "more and more" people are getting this done. This means that "there are more" people that are getting it done than before. Does it not? And in Europe this is the case too. It just means that the numbers are "increasing". Please go back to the post and read it again so you can calm down.

There are more people getting this done than before. And your illogic of how "no, 85 percent of European men are not circumcised" does not make sense. Back in the day, less people got this operation, which means that less grown men today would have it done anyway. So, you have to look at how the numbers have increased, and how many children in Europe are starting to get circumcised. You should also consider that, back in the day, not as many hospitals offered to do this as they do today.

So more newborn boys have it done today in Europe, than the grown men there.
    Does this help you? Are you okay?
    goldnugget Posts: 99, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Anyway, I am in Australia where only 5% of boys are circumcised. The United States is the only country in the world with such a high rate of circumcision. It is an uneccessary, cruel and barbaric mutilation of a healthy child's genitals that has been carried over from the dark ages. I went to the Family Court and they have issued an order preventing my partner from circumcising our son.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 12, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Was this pregnancy unexpected? If not, why didn't you discuss this with your partner before trying to conceive? I'm very sorry you and your partner couldn't come to an agreement without legal action.
    As for the right or wrong debate, if I ever had a son I would personally get him circumcised. I have never met a male that felt traumatized from a procedure they don't remember, or feel like any less of a man. I would rather have it be a minor procedure as a baby, than have to think about my adult male son, for whatever reason, wanting it done and then it won't be so minor. I'm sure no one is going to argue that circumcisions are painful for a baby, but don't you think birth is also pretty painful for a baby? You can't tell me that being forced through a hole only the fraction of the size of your body can feel good. But I've personally never heard of any one complaining that their birth was traumatic. Just my opinion. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Congrats for getting your court order goldnugget. Things like this are personal preference and it all comes down to that you didn't want it done, so congrats for not having to get it done.

My husband is not circumcized and is having complications with that. He has to go into Urology for a check up and to schedule to have a circumcision done next week because he has had enough of the crap that its causing him. He told me he wished his mom had just had it done while he was a baby. He is really scared. Wish him luck! :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnugget
    Anyway, I am in Australia where only 5% of boys are circumcised. The United States is the only country in the world with such a high rate of circumcision. It is an uneccessary, cruel and barbaric mutilation of a healthy child's genitals that has been carried over from the dark ages. I went to the Family Court and they have issued an order preventing my partner from circumcising our son.
    Where did you get that statistic from? Id like to see. Im also from Australia and find it hard to believe it is only 5%.

And that's only your opinion Nugget. There are many arguments for and against and frankly I find your description uncalled for. It wasn't too cruel or barbaric for my nephews. They're fine.
    baby broody Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Sep 13, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Congrats for getting your court order goldnugget. Things like this are personal preference and it all comes down to that you didnt want it done, so congrats for not having to get it done.

My husband is not circumcized and is having complications with that. He has to go into Urology for a check up and to schedule to have a circumcision done next week because he has had enough of the crap that its causing him. He told me he wished his mom had just had it done while he was a baby. He is really scared. Wish him luck! :)
    OMG, how sore is that going to be for him. My son got circumcized at 3 weeks and he was none the wiser, he had no idea, just a couple of days soreness but it' last him a lifetime. However, in my religion it is compulsory to get this done.

Wish him and u all the best and hope he's on very strong painkillers after it - lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do boys in Mexico get circumcised? [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone know if boys in Mexico get circumcised? :o

My partner wants 2 adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I plan to marry in 2009 I have a son from a previous relationship who my partner has bought up from a very young age the biological father of my son was violent to me for many months and has convictions for the abuse he put mt through he has no contact with my son but his name is on...

My partner wants to adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my partner for 2 years and I am prenant. My partner wants to adopt my son and for my son to take his surname. My sons father use to see him once a week then all of a sudden he stopped turning up and did not answer his phone when I tried to contact him. He didn't get in touch with...

Curious about my partner adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, a year ago I moved to victoria from south Australia. I have a 4 yr old son to a previous relationship. I am now with my partner and very happy, we are planning on getting married in the future. My son's father has had no cantact with my son for 7 months now. I did want him to still be apart...

Can my partner adopt [ 11 Answers ]

.. this is the situation: me,my partner and our donor are planning on having a baby and We are going to get a paper noterized,stateing that he is ONLY in this for the purpose to help with the sperm,and that no one will come back later in the future for money and or he will not change up and want...

View more questions Search