Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Yeah, his opinions count just as much as yours. That's why he is your partner
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Goldnuggett They would not do this to a man with out putting him to sleep, but they will do this to your baby, with out so much as a pain shot. I say hell no don't let them do it. Tell your partner to go have some skin cut off his penis without a pain killer or awake and then see if he thinks a little baby should have this done! I don't care if it remembers it or not. I was stupid to allow this for my kids, If you are having doubts don't do it!
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
    If the father is circumsized then he did go through it. Many american boys too... I don't really see what the big deal is. And think of it this way, the father probably wants his son to be like him, just as you would want your daughter to be like you. How would you like it if your husband (Partner) went and did something without your opinion? Because if you do go behind his back without talking to him, then you are only going to make things worse.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2007, 10:58 PM
    I think more and more people in general are getting this done... especially in the Western world because it's "cleaner" and safer for men. But I'm not saying that a man who does not get this done will get infections, but I am saying, as Doctors and hospitals do, that it is less likely to get certain infections on the penis after this procedure is performed.
    You still haven't explained your logic for not wanting to get this done.

It's okay to not want your child to have this done... but have a good reason for your partner. And the child hurting is not a very good reason, because they hurt too when their cord is cut off, but that is for the best. Think of a good reason why you don't want this to be done, and then tell your partner.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 10:59 PM
    From a male perspective I can understand that if a father has been circumcised then more than likely he may want his son to be circumcised too.

Perhaps rather than totally dismiss it you can have some discussion about it. Involve your BF, your doctor etc. and weigh up the pro's and cons. Don't just dismiss it without learning about it first. That is naivety.

At the end of the day though both you and the father need to do what's best for your child. You won't know that unless you make and informed decision.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Goldnuggett They would not do this to a man with out putting him to sleep, but they will do this to your baby, with out so much as a pain shot. I say hell no don't let them do it. Tell your partner to go have some skin cut off of his penis without a pain killer or awake and then see if he thinks a little baby should have this done! I don't care if it remembers it or not. I was stupid to allow this for my kids, If you are having doubts don't do it!
    Wow now I feel bad for making my boys go through that. I mean, I always knew that they didn't do anything for pain, but just you saying that makes me feel bad for some reason.

I wouldn't say it is exactly a bad thing though. Circumsized boys are easier to keep clean. And with my boys it healed in under a week. Remember babies have a really good immune system (compliments of the mother) so they heal really fast. Aside from the pain of the actual procedure, the "wound" will/should heal pretty fast.

There are other things that are done to babies that can't be that comfortable, such as taking their tempurature rectally (which I know, doesn't compare to circumcision). There are lots of people that find it quite painful to have anything shoved in their rectum, don't you think it hurts babies too? I'm not making excuses for anyone, or anything like that, just throwing some things out there :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:06 PM
    I have 3 nephews and 2 great nephews that are not circumised and they have never had 1 infection that is my logic! Just think about it we were created the way we are for a reason. Why cut off parts of our bodies, surely every man is not so abnormal that he needs part of his penis removed, just thionk about it. Doctors are saying that the male body is flawed. I don't think so.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:09 PM
    There are pro's and cons of it like any procedure and I think it is best to source those pros and cons from a medical expert. We can sit here all day and give our personal opinions but that may not be in the best interests of your son.

And in my opinion the father has as much a right to his opinion as you. Don't simply ignore his views.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2007, 11:09 PM
    I have 3 nephews and 2 great nephews that are not circumised and they have never had 1 infection that is my logic! Just think about it we were created the way we are for a reason. Why cut off parts of our bodies, surely every man is not so abnormal that he needs part of his penis removed, just thionk about it. Doctors are saying that the male body is flawed. I don't think so.

Uh... some people also smoke all their lives and never get lung cancer... but this does not rule out the people that do. So I'm sorry, but lol, you are not being logical! That being circumsised DOES protect people from certain infections (this is why in America, doctors do this). But this does not mean that those who do not get this done will result surely in an infection.

You see?
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:10 PM
    I have had uncircumcized boyfriends. They never mentioned an infection, but they did say that when they sweat they get a sort of "gunk" in there. In my opinion, that is kind of gross. I mean yeah sweating is normal, but to get a "gunk" in your genital area cannot be that good.

I have heard that uncircumsized boys do not have any risk for infection, and then again I have heard that they do. I have also heard that sometimes uncircumsized boys can get painful erections in the future. I don't know how true all of that is, but I had the procedure on my boys done, just in case.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:13 PM
    I think this is precisely why she needs to talk to someone who is an expert on all this. Nautical star with all due respect your post above just states things that you have heard. It may or may not be true. But speculating it here won't help the OP make and informed decision.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    I think this is precisely why she needs to talk to someone who is an expert on all this. Nautical star with all due respect your post above just states things that you have heard. It may or may not be true. But speculating it here wont help the OP make and informed decision.
    I know it states what I have heard. That's why I put "This is what I heard".. or something to that effect.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Bottom line, the best thing to do is discuss the pros and cons with a doctor. At least discuss the issue. If you make a decision for both you and your partner, and don't let him have any say, it could cause problems.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:24 PM
    And I'm not saying your wrong or you didn't state you 'heard' it. I was just using it to illustrate a point.

A decision on medical procedures such as this are hard to thrash out over an internet site. It really should be an individual decision base don medical advice with the best interests of the child at heart.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Skell agrees: We posted at the same time. I agree.
    Apparently we rated at the same time too :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Just in case I get dust, smoke etc in my lungs I could wear a mask all of the time. I might get cancer so do I take chemo now. Do you see my point? My husband or no one else have rights to my child, when they are going to torment them.Everyone knows what my view are. Here are some links for the op. Circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Circumcision Information and Resource Pages Good luck
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Just in case I get dust, smoke etc in my lungs I could wear a mask all of the time. I might get cancer so do I take chemo now. Do you see my point? My husband or no one else have rights to my child, when they are going to torment them.Everyone knows what my view is.Here are some links for the op. Circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Circumcision Information and Resource Pages Good luck
    You don't think the father of your baby has any rights to your child? If he is the father, he has just as much rights as you do. -not trying to fight- :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Nope nali I brought my children in this world. Their well being is my final say period. He knew this before we had kids and accepted it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Comments on this post
    bushg agrees: doctors opinions vary just like the rest of the worlds do, not every doctor believes in circumcisions. Thank god my neices didn't that is why her little boy is still intact!

Now your making it sound as though getting the procedure done is a bad thing. Why?
    I have two nephews who have had the operation done and I'm sure they are just as perfect as your nieces kids.

Im circumcised and I still feel my old fella is intact as you put it. In fact I wouldn't change the way he looks for all the tea in china. OK.. maybe an inch or two.

But you kind of sound like it is a real bad or dirty thing. That's your view but that's it. No more correct than anyone's else's.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Nope nali I brought my children in this world. Their well being is my final say period. He knew this before we had kids and acceppted it.
    Well that was nice of him. Most fathers would try and fight for what they think is right (whether what they think is right is actually right or not.. lol).

When it comes to the kids my husband usually gives me the final say as well, but I usually hear him out first, and if he makes good points and proves his case, I will most always go with whatever his idea is on whatever subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do boys in Mexico get circumcised? [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone know if boys in Mexico get circumcised? :o

My partner wants 2 adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I plan to marry in 2009 I have a son from a previous relationship who my partner has bought up from a very young age the biological father of my son was violent to me for many months and has convictions for the abuse he put mt through he has no contact with my son but his name is on...

My partner wants to adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my partner for 2 years and I am prenant. My partner wants to adopt my son and for my son to take his surname. My sons father use to see him once a week then all of a sudden he stopped turning up and did not answer his phone when I tried to contact him. He didn't get in touch with...

Curious about my partner adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, a year ago I moved to victoria from south Australia. I have a 4 yr old son to a previous relationship. I am now with my partner and very happy, we are planning on getting married in the future. My son's father has had no cantact with my son for 7 months now. I did want him to still be apart...

Can my partner adopt [ 11 Answers ]

.. this is the situation: me,my partner and our donor are planning on having a baby and We are going to get a paper noterized,stateing that he is ONLY in this for the purpose to help with the sperm,and that no one will come back later in the future for money and or he will not change up and want...

View more questions Search