Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gravley1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Grants to pay my mortgage or daycare
    Hi, I have a 17 month old daughter and have a new baby on the way, my wife and I both work, but now we barely have enough to get by and I was wondering if there are any grants that could help with paying my mortgage or to help pay for the daycare that we will eventually need?
    Thank you, Keith Gravley
    Teena204 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Hi Keith. The short answer is no. However, that doesn't mean there is no help available. Grants are intended for nonprofit organizations. The types of grants available to individuals are usually for education or the arts. But I would contact your city or county. Many municipalities have daycare programs where you pay on a sliding scale according to your need. Sometimes churches offer this same type of system. I've never seen a grant that will outright pay for your mortgage. Sometimes you can get help with one or two payments, but long-term support is very elusive. You may qualify for some type of financial aid through local programs; your city or county can help direct you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay off mortgage, absent co-borrower [ 4 Answers ]

When I got my mortgage 16 years ago I had a friend co-sign, he was the primary borrower, I had no credit history at the time. I have made all payments, he is in& out of jail, I don't know where he is. I did get a quit claim in 2001 from him, he is still on the mortgage. I am going to pay off loan...

Use 401K to pay off 2nd Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I have about $40,000 in a line of credit on my house @ 8.0% variable. I am 68. Should I use $40K of my $250,000 401 K money to pay off this line of credit? Then use the money I am paying on the loan (about $400 per month) to rebuild the 401 K?

Invest or pay off mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Situation Owe 118,000 on mortgage at 5% interest rate on 10 year term. Want to buy a new house that is worth 280,000. Current house will sell for 200,000. Should I pay current mortgage off in the next 3 to 4 years and cut back on investments. Or should I sell now keep investing put new house...

Invest or pay off mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I am recently widowed and need a little financial advice. After selling my home, I have enough money to pay off my home which I am building. My investment broker told me to invest and use the interest to pay off the monthly house payments and in 15 years I would have the exact amount of money in...

View more questions Search