Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvcarmona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Biomes and organisms
    What are examples of some organisms that have symbiotic relationships?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 06:32 AM
    I don't usually make it a practice to answer questions that could appear to be for homework assignments, as I think yours is, but as my interest lies partially in this area to I chose to answer.

A symbiotic relationship is when two organisms of different species "work together. Each organism was part of the other's environment, so as they adapted to their environment, they "made use of" each other in a way that benefited both.

Here is one example of a symbiotic relationship:

The bee and the flower. Bees fly from flower to flower gathering nectar, which they make into food, benefiting the bees. When they land in a flower, the bees get some pollen on their hairy bodies, and when they land in the next flower, some of the pollen from the first one rubs off, pollinating* the plant. This benefits the plants. In this symbiotic relationship, the bees get to eat, and the flowering plants get to reproduce.

Any mammal that has 'parasites' (small fish, birds, etc.) accompanying its progress while eating.

Ants and organisms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organisms present in the rainforest [ 3 Answers ]

What are some examples of parasitism, mutualism and commensalism found in the rain forests

Organisms that Migrate [ 2 Answers ]

What is a large group of organisms that migrate daily to the surface to feed at night and back to the depths during the day? :D

Organisms in the temperate deciduous forest that illustrate parasitism [ 1 Answers ]

What are two organisms in the temperate deciduous forest that illustrate parasitism

Living Organisms [ 1 Answers ]

! List and briefly discuss the properties consistent with living organisms. (these are the fundamental criteria which must be met to consider a substance to be "alive") :o

View more questions Search