Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GEWALKER Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Performance Reviews are a Waste of Time
    Hello

Is there any way that I can avoid Performance Reviews? The reviews do not lead to a pay rises and are generally based on how much you are liked by your colleagues rather than how well you perform (or are allowed to perform) your work.

These reviews have caused me a great deal of stress and I do not want to participate in any more reviews. The reviews are used by the employer to ensure that you do not get a pay rise. The only way I can get a pay rise is to leave the company.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 02:01 AM
    You are misguided if you think that performance reviews are only to indicate how well you get along with your colleagues. They are part of any job and are to indicate to your employer how well you know your work and your ability to get ahead in your particular area.

If your employer feels you are doing well enough, then you do get an increase, maybe not at that particular time but somewhere down the line. Performance reviews are not all one sided though, they are in place so that you can put your viewpoint ahead and I think this would indicate your interest in your job.

If you feel you are in a dead end job, and by your post it sounds like you are stuck in a rut, then you had better find other employment if you are not happy there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specific Performance [ 2 Answers ]

Buyer A will be 18 years old in 3 months. An avid model train collector, he sees an ad in a magazine for model trains. He calls the train company and asks about their product line and prices. The telemarketer tells Buyer A that all of their company's cars cost $60.00 including postage. She...

Connecting second floor waste to main waste stack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have new new modular cape that had the first floor plumbing complete, and the second floor stubbed, and want to know the right way to connect the second floor waste drain which was installed in the house, to the main waste drain. The main waste drain comes up verically from the basement floor...

Employee Performance Reviews [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I have just walked into work this morning to be asked if I am OK to have an employee performance review at 3pm this afternoon. I need to prepare for what may be asked and also some insight into why it may have been called. Anyone out there got any advice?

How can I add reviews about products that I sell [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering how I can add product reviews for the products that I sell. Is there a way I can use the reviews from amazon.com or any other site by paying them or exchanging services. My site is a new one. Until my visitors start leaving product reviews, I'm looking to post reviews from...

View more questions Search