Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hutch67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 09:58 PM
    2001 honda civic Hesitation @ 4000 rpm
    I have a 2001 honda civic that recently started hesitating when reaching 4000 rpm. It also has two engine codes. P1298 & P1259. I am a diesel mechanic and could usually troubleshoot and fix problems on my own but, this problem is giving me a bit of a challenge.:confused: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks for your time.
    Hutch.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 05:41 AM
    P1298 leads to a problem with the headlights.

However, P1259 deals with the VTEC oil pressure switch (more likely the area your having problems) The diag is quite extensive. Do you have access to anything like a service manual, ie: Clymer's or Mithcell's manuals?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
    If your engine oil is low, some Hondas have a feature to protect the engine from damage around 4,000 rpm.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 03:49 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...light=4000+rpm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HONDA CIVIC EX 96 fluctuate rpm problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I have a honda civic ex 96 ,when is in idle and I turn on the a/c the rpm fluctuate, its go about 100 rpm up and down not that much, sometime went I accelerated to 2,000 rpm and let it go back to idle it work normal ,but most of the time that I'm driving and it goes to idle start fluctuate...

Honda Civic Si Engine cut (like redline) at 4000 rpm [ 8 Answers ]

2002 Honda Civic Si Today on the way to work my check engine light came on and the engine started to cut, the way it does when you redline, but it's doing it at exactly 4000 rpm, in any gear including neutral. Then on my drive home from work it stopped cutting, but the service engine light...

1998 honda accord rpm fluctuates at 4000 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, when I first start the car it can Rev up once past 4000RPM. Any time after that it will not past 4000RPM and it will fluctuate. If I turn off the car and restart, it will past 4000RPM as if I'm resetting something. I recently changed these parts: Throttle body Throttle Position...

Honda Civic 98 - Hesitation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Bought a Honda Civic Si manual '98 two months ago from dealership. 3 Days later start having probs - Starts up fine and runs well for first 3 miles or so then once up to running temperature starts suddenly losing power, then starts forward again - this goes on for a mile maybe then it just...

Honda civic delayed RPM [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a honda civic 1993 model that won't rev until about 15 to 20 seconds we have replaced the ECU, MAP, TPS, but still the same thing happens. CEL is on. Anything like this happening to anybody? Please help Thank you.

View more questions Search