Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kczip60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Stucco wall
    We are constructing a stucco fence around the house and I would like to know if it is better to use plywood with tar paper and chicken wire or can we use wonderboard underneath and will stucco attach well to wonderboard?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 5, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Use Osb And Metal Lath
    Skeetman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
    It all depends on what type of structure you are building the fence out of. If it is going to be a wood framed fence then as suggested above osb and metal lath or chciken wire. You still need to consider moisture protection for the wood. Stucco is porous so you will need to use some sort of moisture barrier. Ie foam board. If you are building a wall out of block you can apply the stucco directly to the block. However this can be difficult as the bare block will soak up all of the moisture from the stucco mix and will result in the stucco falling off the wall within the first year. (if your lucky) Before applying the stucco be sure to wet the wall so it will not soak up the water from the mix. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior stucco [ 2 Answers ]

Apply stucco on the bottom of a bay window what needs to been done so mud doesn't fall off ?

Stucco application [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- We are fairly skilled do-it-yourselfers. We have just constructed an outbuilding with a total wall surface of 9"high and total length (4 sides) of 80 ft. We would like to stucco this ourselves. We have built pads and walls of concrete but this would be a first in stucco. The wall is sheathed in...

Hole in stucco [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12 x 6 hole in my stucco wall. What is the best way to repair it? Is goes all the way to my kitchen main plumbing, as in I can look at the big copper pipe from outside. Thanks for the help. Christine

Wal-mart [ 3 Answers ]

I need to find the answer to this question as soon as possible WalMart companies sell more of these than anyone else in America, even people who make it their business to sell ONLY these. What is it? Please help

View more questions Search