Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deedeesauter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Is this eating my house?
    My husband and I are amazingly ignorant when it comes to all types of bugs. But we just found these crawling out of the crack between the brick wall and the concrete carport ground. They are white, they inch around and I can't see a head. Are they dangerous to our home? Does anyone know what they are? They are about 1/4 to 3/8 inch long. Thank you!!
    Attached Images

bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 12:11 PM
    To me it looks like a maggot, that is just fly larve. I would pour hot water on them to kill them.To my knowledge the only bug that eats your house is termites.
    deedeesauter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Wow! That's a relief, embarrassing and gross all at the same time. Thank you and we will try the hot water treatment!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Carpenter ants are the other nuisance that love to attack wood. ;) I agree with bushg, from the picture they look like fly maggots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wood pecker is eating my house [ 4 Answers ]

So now this wood pecker has started drilling into my house. How do I get him to stop? Is there some sort of magic dust or wood pecker chaser awayer. He seems to be going for the attic. I would hate for him to get into a tangle with our pet bat who happens to sleep up there.

A cat moving from house to house [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are divorced and I want a cat. Most cats don't like moving but they would be moving to a different house every week. They wouldn't stay at the same house. What cat should I get?

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

View more questions Search