Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eira Posts: 28, Reputation: 2
    -

Aug 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Bed bug bite marks
    Before I knew it was bed bugs I thought I was sick so I have been scratching for sometime, now brown marks all over my body, will this go away and how long it will take , they look disgusting I can not even wear short sleeves any more.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eira
    before i knew it was bed bugs i thought i was sick so i have been scratching for sometime, now brown marks all over my body, will this go away and how long it will take , they look disgusting i can not even wear short sleeves any more.
    http://www.biteremedy.com/

Bed Bug bites
    Bed bug bites create large wheels of bites made in orderly rows. Itching and skin redness on and around bite sites are common. Localized swelling and the formation of blisters may occur. Occasionally, small losses of skin tissue occur. Bite wheels gradually are reduced to red marks which gradually fade over a few days.

-----------------------------------------------
    http://ezinearticles.com/?All-About-Bed-Bugs&id=327293

Solving 'em bugs

Treating bed bug bites is only a small part of solving the problem, as the next step is actually getting rid of these unwanted visitors. Those often traveling to areas with a tropical climate are very susceptible to bed bug infestations, as the luggage they carry might become their new home. Seeing bed bugs crawl into boxes, suitcases and belongings is very difficult, as they are tiny, agile and cryptic. Homes not yet infested could inherit this problem from the use of second hand furniture, couches or beds.

Those that want to get rid of bed bugs in beds will have a difficult task at hand. Fabrics with holes and tears are perfect locations for them to lay eggs. During the 40s and 50s the use of DDT, which was developed as the first of the modern insecticides early in World War II, was popular, as it helped minimize the spread of bed bug infestations but was eventually outlawed due to concerns over their effects to humans.

Pest control firms have a wide array instruments to help get rid of beg bugs ranging from pesticides, aerosols and other chemical agents. Beds in poor condition or heavily infested should be automatically discarded. Regardless if the bed is thrown out or not, encasing the box spring and mattress is very helpful especially if the bugs are still there.

Vacuuming could also help in getting rid of bed bugs and some pest control experts even use portable steam machines to treat beds. Whether the infestation is minor or major, bed bugs are always a pest especially for those that want to get a good night's sleep. Perhaps, the most effective way to avoid a bed bug problem is to practice good hygiene and observe cleanliness
    eustress89 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
    How do you know it is bed bugs ?
    eira Posts: 28, Reputation: 2
    -

Aug 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
    I live in canada, all this happened after I came from a vacation to los angels. I saw one of them for the first time that when I asked a friend and they told me these are bed bugs, the pest control said they are coming a week form now so I was thinking something I can do in the mean time, I have bad dreams and I do get much sleep because I am scared it is a nightmare, so thank your for your replies
    eustress89 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Oh, all right. Well, in the meantime, don't move where you are sleeping, because then the bed bugs will change their location too. Try some calimine lotion to stop the itching and cortisone cream to help with the inflammation. Hope this helps a little. :-)
    10ika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I believe that the best way to prevent or avoid bed bugs would be to be very cautious about what comes in your house and where you go to stay – particularly overnight. Do research before booking a hotel, before renting an apartment, buying a home, going to school etc. It has very little to do with hygiene or cleanliness; the white house can be found with beg bugs. Some of the most renowned hotels and universities have been found with them not because they were dirty but because these annoying pests are just starting to make a strong comeback and a lot of the establishments are ignorant and still learning of the extra precautions that must be undergone to prevent them. Cleanliness can however be an aid in preventing there reproduction, and from the situation spreading.

I am dealing with them now and honestly Im not sure how I invited them in. I don’t keep a dirty house, I have not been to a hotel in years and the only thing new I bought in my home recently was a piece of gym equipment that I bought new, from the store. It could’ve been anything I might have carried a couple on my clothing after sitting behind someone in the computer lab at my school. They could have came in with visitors. They can come in even if you are careful. The only guaranteed precaution is to get regular treatments for pests in general on a regular basis.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
    I helped someone to get rid of them. Vacuuming the mattress and everywhere. Washing the bedclothes and anything else that you can in hot water. Covering the mattress with plastic and taping it closed and some specific bed bug pest remover. He got a lot of relief with just washing and wrapping since he did not own a vacuum at the time and had to wait for the bed bug pest remover to arrive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I bite my fingernails? [ 26 Answers ]

I am a professional very well respected business woman, wife and mother. I cannot stop biting my fingernails! The only way my hands look decent is to wear acrylic nails from the nail salon. I have done this ever since I was in first grade according to my parents. I am now 40. I want to stop...

Do I have Shingles or bed bug bites? [ 7 Answers ]

I noticed numerous little bites scattered mostly all over my back and all over in my armpits. I also have a few bites on my legs and arms as well, and have a little red lump/blemish under my left eye and near my right nipple that won't seem to go away. The bites are about 2-3 days old now, and...

Spider bite [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I visited Belize and Guatemala in February, 2007 and was bitten by a spider on my scalp. Since then I have had a rash on my scalp, shoulders, back and on the backs of my hands. It has settled on my scalp and shoulders. I want to know if this rash can be from the spider bite. ...

I think my bite is off [ 1 Answers ]

I just resently had an upper and lower partial plate and I think my bite could be off I;m having headaches and not feeling real well How would I know if my bite is off Thanks Anne

Massive bed bug bite cluster? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I recently moved into a room where the landlord "neglected" to tell me that they had bed bugs even though he knew before. I have been getting bitten maybe 3 times a night, and then last week I was bitten in a one inch patch of skin over 20 times... or so I though when I counted the little...

View more questions Search