Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atticguy Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2005, 01:58 PM
    attic conversion circuit wiring
    hello all and thanks ahead for any helpful advice!

I am in the process of converting my attic (cape cod) into living space. Master bedroom (approx 15x28(l-shaped)) and half bath (approx 5x5). Looking for your input on how many/what type of circuits to install. I figured one 20 amp for the 1/2 bath and a 15 amp for the master lights (8 cans) and another 15 amp for the master outlets. There will not be any air conditioners or electricity hogs.

any thoughts?

also is it every 6 feet for outlet spacing?

thanks again guys! Love this site!

louie
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2005, 02:47 PM
    All bath outlets must be GFI, as well as any lights or fans over a tub or shower. Bedrooms need a special arc circuit breaker. 12 foot should do for outlets, although 6 certainly won't hurt, and may save pulling the dresser out every time you vacuum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heater wiring circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished intaling a baseboard heater and I have a question that has been nagging me. The heater is on 240 circuit. So, I ran 12/2 and used the black and white to run my two hot wires as is common practice. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, but this got me wondering. I have...

Attic bath [ 1 Answers ]

I'm finishing the attic space and need help connecting a shower and toilet together. A 3" drain and hot/cold supply lines have already been run up from the crawl space but pop up close to the eaves of the space. So I have got to come across a few joists to my fixtures. Because of the head room,...

Bathroom in Attic [ 1 Answers ]

Im thinking of adding a bathroom to my attic. I would like to know if I need to run new piping from the first floor, I believe this is all under concrete also. Or, can I hook up to the existing piping and vent pipe that is in the attic presently. Please respond ASAP... thank you.

Outside GFI circuit - 15amp outlet on 20amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a better understanding of what I should do when setting up my new outdoor circuit. I've got a circuit that runs about 150 feet, so I'm installing 10g wire to allow for the voltage drop. I read in the Home Depot Electrical 123 book that I can have at most a 15amp circuit with 10g wire on...

Wiring a switch and GFCI circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of wiring my bathroom. The lighting and fan circuit has one fan, one overhead light and one vanity light. I was wanting to use a NuTone single space / 3 switch unit for all three. Wiring that is all very straight forward but the fan requires a GFCI circuit to make it OK for over...

View more questions Search