Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmpiazza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Track Lights Flicker
    Hi. This is my first time using this venue. I have a four track lighting set up over my bar. Recently it has begun to dim and flicker. The switch is a low voltage 300W on off switch with dimmer slide. I assume the problem was a bad switch so I went to my local Lowe's Center and purchased a 300 W low voltage dimmer switch. After hooking it up the lights still flicker and the dimmer does not work. Only the on/off switch. What can be the problem and how do I fix it?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I may suspect a loose connection in the track circuit, most likely in the track itself. If you connected the dimmer while the wiring was live , the dimmer is damaged.
    lmpiazza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Thanks TK. It was a dimmer wiring issue which was corrected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed lights flicker [ 4 Answers ]

I recently installed 5 recessed lights in my house. I used an exisitng power run. I have two breakers that are identified as "lights". I am definitely connected to one of the circuits. The new lights flicker when the initially come one... pretty significantly... and not just a couple of...

2 Pole track lights [ 8 Answers ]

I am putting up my Hampton Bay track lights and have 2 light switches in the room that operate that light. I have tried various combinations of the wires at the light (there are 3 black wires and 2 white (the third white is cut and not used)) and none allow the track lights to work with the...

Generator Install-Lights Flicker [ 4 Answers ]

After generator was installed (Generac Model 0052540 w/Auto Txfer) started to experience whole house "flicker" whenever any appliance turns on... tricky thing is, this happens even when we switch to 100% generator power. Power Co and Electrician have gone over "everything" and come up with...

Lights Twinkle, and flicker at times. [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed some times my lights have a slight twinkle and flicker at times, I think this normally happens when my well pump kicks off and on. My pump is wired on its own shut off with fuses which I think my Dad said it's a 240 Volt 3 wire pump, the fuses for that are the glass kind, which are in...

Hamilton Bay Track Head lights [ 0 Answers ]

I have Hamilton Bay Track Head lights. My light went out and when I tried to change it I was only able to take off the retainer ring, lens and then I could see the light bulb under a glass. How do I get that glass off to get to the light bulb or does the whole light bulb and glass come out in one...

View more questions Search