Ask
    papajones1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Diet Soda
    How good/bad is diet soda?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 05:21 PM
    WebMd has a lot of good articles about that subject. I personally think it is just as bad for you as regular soda.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Diet or regular soda is soda, not any real nutritional value, drinking caffinated, sugar water basically. I was a soda addict for a long, it was hard converting over to just plain water or juices but I feel better now.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Some diet drinks use aspartame as the artificial sweetener, which has been linked to headaches, lymphoma and brain tumors, especially in the young.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2007, 06:02 AM
    On rare occasions, having one diet soda is not going to harm you. It would be far better if you could avoid them. I just read a study about the link between diet soda consumption and heart disease.
    xx pretty girl xx Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Aug 17, 2007, 11:42 AM
    I've heard from a nutritionist that diet soda is actually worse than regular soda because it contains an ingredient called phenolynene ( however its spelled) that's made of plastic or something & u can get cancer. Either way soda is no good especially ones with caffine
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xx pretty girl xx
    ive heard from a nutritionist that diet soda is actually worse than regular soda because it contains an ingredient called phenolynene ( however its spelled) thats made out of plastic or something & u can get cancer. either way soda is no good especially ones with caffine
    If you are referring to Phenylalanine, you are incorrect. This is only a danger to individuals labeled as phenylketonurics, who are unable to metabolize this particular amino acid...

As for if Diet soda is bad for you, no soda has real nutritional value to it, so no, its not very healthy... but if you are meaning whether the artificial sweetner is bad for you, then that is up in the air. It is a current ongoing debate right now. Some people say it has links to cancer and whatever else, some people swear it is completely safe. I have read up on this, and personally think they don't know squat about what does and does not cause certain diseases, namely cancer... They try to blame everything these days... cell phones, soda, TV, etc... I would suggest you read up on the debate, and decide for yourself. I personally drank diet coke with splenda, as it is considered "safer", and I think ti tastes better... But I am not afraid to drink a regular diet coke either. I have since refrained from diet drinks while pregnant, because I am no longer just effecting my life, but otherwise, I don't have a problem. Until there is concrete evidence pointing one way or the other, I just drink what I think tastes good. Good luck!
    goyinuser Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 08:20 AM
    BalanceFormula.com :: Get Balanced
    glnutrition Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
    The best thing a person can do is just quit drinking soda.. plain and simple. It leads to so many health issues like Diabetes. When I used to drink soda I was diagnosed with Diabetes and my average blood sugar reading was over 300 and peaking to 500 + at times...

Luckily I caught it early and stopped drinking soda and now my blood sugar levels are at normal range.

I used to be addicted to soda. But learning about diabetes and what it can do to you made me make a choice really fast... to live longer and pain free!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Aspartame: This chemical is used as a sugar substitute in diet soda. There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption including brain tumors, birth defects, diabetes, emotional disorders and epilispsy/seizures. Further, when aspartame is stored for long periods or kept in warm areas it changes to methanol, an alcohol that converts to formaldehyde and formic acid, which are known carcinogens.

Some symptoms of aspartame also include Parkinson's type symptoms, temporary blindness,.

Aspartame: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

Diet soda actually causes weight gain...

http://www.mercola.com/2004/jul/17/a...sweeteners.htm
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 3, 2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks NOhelp4u that is the paragraph I wanted my girl friend to read.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemical word equation for baking soda and lemon juice [ 3 Answers ]

hi, please help me I've got to figure this out for my science homework what is the chemical word equation for baking soda and lemon juice? and why is it useful in every day life? What happens when these two substances mix?

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Soda Pop Fizz [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to complete my science project and I am doing it on the Soda Pop and its fizz. I used Powder Citric Acid, C6H8O7, and Baking Soda, NaHCO3, what is the resulting chemical reaction on this? Is it C6H8O7 + NaHCO3 -> C6H9O8Na + CO2 I normally used 1 to 1 ratio but is it...

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

Dog Ate Soda Bottle [ 1 Answers ]

I gave my dog a small soda bottle with dog treats inside to play with and keep her occupied. We've done this many times. I can't find the bottle anywhere. IF she ate The entire bottle, what do I need to watch for? :confused:

View more questions Search