Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amie0486 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Looking for Title of Old Phonics Program
    There was a phonics program out years ago, before Hooked on Phonics. It was a bunch of cassettes (can't remember if it came with a book or not). The only thing I do remember about it, was that it taught you the vowels with the sentence "Lady, I owe you some sugar." ( A-E, I O U some sugar... ). If anyone remembers this, I'd love to get the title and see if it's still available in any form. It's how my sister and I learned our phonics, and I'd love to pass it on to my boys! Thanks!
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Funky phonics or rock n leαrn phonics? Thαts whαt I'm thinking...
    mar57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amie0486
    There was a phonics program out years ago, before Hooked on Phonics. It was a bunch of cassettes (can't remember if it came with a book or not). The only thing I do remember about it, was that it taught you the vowels with the sentence "Lady, I owe you some sugar." ( A-E, I O U some sugar...). If anyone remembers this, I'd love to get the title and see if it's still available in any form. It's how my sister and I learned our phonics, and I'd love to pass it on to my boys! Thanks!
    Did you ever find this kit? I have been looking very hard for the very same kit. I bought two of them. We gave them away and then had another child. I am so disappointed by Hooked on Phonics. None of the other kits are as simple

I do recall that I learned about them from the Disney Channel Magazine and the time frame would have been February- April 1992. There was a little girl reaching for a book on a bookcase that was way over her head and the caption indicated that your child would be reading way over her head with the kit. Please let me know if you come upon the name. They were excellent.
    mar57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
    I FOUND IT!! This is it! I copied and pasted the ad from the web site. This is from Career Publishing, Mundelein, Illinois. I cannot believe I was finally able to find it. I went through old check stubs from 15 years ago and found an entry for Career Publishing. The picture on the web site will instantly familiarize you with the kit you remember. Good luck.

Listen & Learn Short Cuts to Reading Instant Reference Library Business Opportunity Rave Reviews

Remember our 10-Day FREE Trial - Plus Full Money-Back Guarantee!

Here are all the tools your child needs to learn reading at home!
    Three Cassettes
    Free colorful word books
    Letter and word strips
    The Word Box
    Parent's Guide

Now only $119.95
    Or $69.90
    Plus 3 easy payments of $20 per month
    Order Online Now

Reading is the most important single skill your child can learn.
    Listen and Learn with Phonics is a complete, inexpensive set of cassettes, games and books. It literally fascinates young minds with its easy-to-grasp presentation of words, pictures and sounds in combination. Your child hears the letters or sounds on cassettes, sees them in a book, and repeats the words aloud. This remarkably effective phonics reading program was developed by an experienced teacher.

Results of this tested program are so dramatic that it is offered with a FREE trial and guarantee.

In just a few short days your child can be reading!
    Prove it to yourself!

Career Publishing, Inc. 905 Allanson Road, Mundelein, IL 60060, 1-847-949-0011

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Can I get a title if the seller doesn't send me the title but I have the bill of sales [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a used car from a private seller. She just paid off the loan and the lienhold is going to send her the title. She said she is going to sign on the title and send it back to me for the transfer of the ownership. I already got the car. As she is in England right now and I'm in...

All program [ 2 Answers ]

Once my xp home edition 'all programs' appeared on the whole screen, now it is appeared in one row. How I can changed it back to the original appearance.

Program [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need it a program, about internal audit and risk management Thanks for help.

View more questions Search