Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spacefire5458 Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Democrat/republican who?
    Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for?
    If you vote.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 3, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spacefire5458
    Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for?
    If you vote.

It's way to early for myself and I've just started to study the possibilities. I voted Democrat for decades when being Democrat was actually conservative. Over the past few elections I've chosen not to vote a particular party and found myself to be a moderate. I'll just mention some issues and where I stand.

*Not being taxed on what you earn... but on what you spend. Bye bye IRS!

*Health Reform... Between my insurance company and the doctors visits who says Houdini doesn't live on. Many of the prescription medicines need to be reclassified to over-the-counter medicines.

*Pro-Life... with exception of rape or if the mother's life is in jeopardy.

*Stricter standards for Welfare... including the penalty of one single abuse of the Welfare system discovered and your banned for life.

*Retirement options reviewed... inspite of the grand ole idea of 401k in recent past.

*Iraq... slow phased redeployment starting 2008 with gradual ceding of responsibility to the Iraqi govt and people.

Bobby
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Registered independent who wants often to vote for a conservative dem and usually ends up voting gop and holding his nose.

I hate the extremes. If we could lock up the far right with the far left in a room and lose the key, id be a happy guy.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I like Joe Biden, but he isn't going to make it all the way.

Other than that, too early to decide. What can happen between not and the political conventions? Like a nuclear attack? Stock Market Crash? Assassinations? Hopefully not, but no one can predict the future.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 01:25 PM
    I agree Choux, no need to make a choice until all the chickens have roosted. And yes Joe Biden has a strong background, much better than that female
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
    For now, Rudy Giuliani has my support. But if/when Fred Thompson announces his candidacy, I'll probably switch my support to him. Either Rudy or Fred are viable candidates for me.

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

The patriot act, like the Progressive Democrat [ 36 Answers ]

The patriot act, like the Progressive Democrat's Digges Amendment of Maryland, can, and will be used to disenfranchise minorities of their civil liberties. Now why would I use such an analogy, and is it accurate? The Digges Amendment was passed by the legislature and approved by the Governor...

Cindy Sheehad quits Democrat Party [ 39 Answers ]

She gave her formal resignation on the lefty blog site Daily Kos Daily Kos: "Good Riddance Attention Whore" It is too long to post on this site but go to the link for complete text . Tammy Bruce did a nice translation Tammy Bruce: The Pathetic Cindy Sheehan Quits, I Translate 1. Everyone...

View more questions Search