Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Republican candidates for president.
    When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years.

Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential Candidates (P2008)
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years.

Get a load of these mugshots!!Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential Candidates (P2008)
    When Fred enters, there will be a man among them. Go FRED!

XenoSapien
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    When Fred enters, there will be a man among them. Go FRED!!

XenoSapien
    Law & Order:p

Aug 3, 2007, 02:40 PM
    :) Yep!
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoSapien
    :) Yep!
    As far as I’m concerned tommy has a lot going for him

Aug 3, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Yah. None of the other candidates, "wow'd" me like he has done. I've got his widget on my MySpace page.

XenoSapien
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Aug 3, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Sadly, John McCain is going down in flames, because he lacks the "Wow Factor", and says things that voters don't want to hear. On the Democratic side the pickings are equally dismal, with the exception of Joe Biden, who in my opinion has the experience, and well thought out ideas to be the next Commander and Chief. Unfortunately, he is not even a blip on the Democratic polls. Let's elect the candidate with the best hair.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 05:24 AM
    DC

Newt has plenty of good ideas and I think many of his proposals he has hashed out should be part of the Republican platform . He recently made a 10 point proposal similar to the Contract . But ,I'm not sure he is presidential material .If you recall ,he was able to usher the contract into law but his hold on Congress quickly splintered after 1994.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    DC

Newt has plenty of good ideas and I think many of his proposals he has hashed out should be part of the Republican platform . He recently made a 10 point proposal simular to the Contract . But ,I'm not sure he is presidential material .If you recall ,he was able to usher the contract into law but his hold on Congress quickly splintered after 1994.

Tom

Perhaps he is seen, by the Party as too “white” and too “Conservative.” One of his strong points, in my opinion, is that he is a Historian and not one of the Lawyers.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 01:06 PM
    They have a pitiful group of flipfloppers and empty suits and opportunists and religious pablum pukers... hard to take anyone serioiusly. LOL!

Fred Thompson will probably have to drop out because his is an empty suit, a former lobbyist for PHILLIP MORRIS, a spy for the Republican Party when he was on the Watergate Committee, called LAZY by a Conservative Magazine, and a guy who gave up running for a second term for his Senate seat because it was too much work and went back to ACTING!

Newt? He is hated by the populace. Just another grandiose hypocrite.

Some top Republicans in Congress have it right... 2008 will be as big a landslide for the Democrats as was 2006.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    They have a pitiful group of flipfloppers and empty suits and opportunists and religious pablum pukers.....hard to take anyone serioiusly. LOL!

Fred Thompson will probably have to drop out because his is an empty suit, a former lobbyist for PHILLIP MORRIS, a spy for the Republican Party when he was on the Watergate Committee, called LAZY by a Conservative Magazine, and a guy who gave up running for a second term for his Senate seat because it was too much work and went back to ACTING!!

Newt?? He is hated by the populace. Just anothe grandiose hypocrite.

Some top Republicans in Congress have it right.....2008 will be as big a landslide for the Democrats as was 2006.
    I base my Presidential vote on the basis of one premise… that is on which party has the majority in Congress. Since the Democrats control Congress, I want a Republican in the White House… balance of power, that’s the key!
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 6, 2007, 09:13 AM
    First, I like Rudy. The guy told Arafat where he could go when he showed up uninvited at a charity findraiser in NY a few years back. And after 9-11, he told some Arab Sheik where he could stick his million dollar donation. The guy broke the control that the NY unions (especially the teachers' unions) had over government, lowered crime by something like 65%, making us the safest big city in the nation, and rebuilt the city's economy from NOTHING. And he has never shied away from his marriage issues... I may not agree with his stance on marriage or abortion, I may not agree with the guy on lots of things, but I respect his guts and his willingness to stand up for what he believes and just DO it, even when everyone says it can't be done. If you can't see a man in that, then I don't know how you define a man.

That said, I would also vote for Fred Thompson in a flat second. In fact, I'd love to see a Thompson/Giuliani ticket for 2008.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Since I have no assurances that Fred is going to be a candidate then I have to agree that because of the leadership factor ,Giuliani right now is my choice. I was on a plane back to NY so I did not see the mockery they call debates Sunday but I have read much of the transcripts and I like many of Rudy's positions he took.

He took on John Edwards over the Capital Gains tax and explained why raising it would not increase revenues to the government.

He is running on his record as mayor of NYC ,a very complicated city to run.His record there is impressive .I would argue that it was transformative .

Romney continues to impress .He is strong in the character and leadership issues and continues to show that his religion is not as big an issue as the MSM would have us believe. During a year where competence will presumably be a big issue both Rudy and Romney stand above the rest.

With each passing debate the top 3 contenders in the race (including McCain even though I would have a real hard time voting for him) are getting stronger and Thompson weaker. I am disappointed that he has not entered the race yet. His campaign /non-campaign appears disorganized and he has already had firings and defections. He should've been in a position to take part in the Iowa caucus.

I also would not mind a Rudy /Thompson ticket ,or of Thompson is still undecided then Condi Rice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Candidates [ 17 Answers ]

Hello wingnuts: With Bush's approval ratings at 28%, why are the Republican candidates trying to out Bush each other? They all want to keep Gitmo open. None of them want gays to openly serve in the military, and they love the Iraq war. The base love's 'em, but that will never get them...

President power [ 2 Answers ]

Does the president make his own decisions, or do some white house officials make them for him. Well, I meant issues concerning the country both domestic and foreign. Does he just get up in the morning and say, this goes, this doen't. Don't his so-called advisers tell him what and what not to do?

Why do Union members vote for candidates that opposed the Border Fence? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm curious. It seems as if the same politicians that want amnesty for illegals seem to be endorsed by the unions. It doesn't make sense. Those same illegals would soon take their jobs. Politicians seem to have taken the unions for granted. So my question is : Why do Union members vote for...

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

View more questions Search