Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Go to α jewelers αsk the sαles αssociαte to show you engαgement rings pick the one thαt suits her best [αfter αll you're the one thαt know her best]

Follow your heαrt αnd be true to yourself αnd her-- if your not the type of guy thαt proposes through α fortune cookie or α billboαrd then don't.. do whαtever comes to your heαrt, αnd no just giving it to her won't cut it-- you hαve to be romαntic duh:p
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 04:05 PM
    My husband and myself where dual military and now I'm out and know what it is like to have to wait for my man to come home. You should have internet and phones over there but during holidays and such prepare to wait a long time. All you can do is write letters and sometimes they let the Iraq's on post to sell stuff. They also have some stuff animals you coould send on occasion.
    You can always go to the PX they have decent rings.
    She loves you, she will wait. It is very hard. Try to spend as much time as you can now.
    Mills2scale Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC_Blank
    Alright, this is embarrassing. But I can't ask any of my co-workers, because I don't want to be made fun of. Not everyone is very Understanding in the US. Army. I'm not embarrassed of the woman I love, it's just that she lives back home, and I'm about to be Deployed to Iraq... Now, I grew up without a Dad, and my Mom was always working. So I've had to teach myself everything, how to tie I Tie, how to Shave, Everything...
    Now, for once I want to do something RIGHT! But I don't know how! I KNOW we have to get Married, and I'm thinking of ways to Propose; but I don't know what Rings to buy when, and how to get a Marriage certificate. I have NO ONE I can turn to. Could someone walk through Everything I need to do to get married? Lets say I start out At The Ring Store, what do I buy, and where do I go from there?
    Congrats! Let your personality shine in your proposal. Example, my friend loves to go kayaking so he took out his girl and tied a ring to her paddle. Just be yourself. Also, since your deploying, give her contacts to your rear-d, I'm an army wife so I know what she’s about to go through. Make sure you ready her for life married to the army. Don’t sugar coat it. She'll be as much a part of the US Military as you are. Good luck! Stay safe! Best Wishes!

Mills
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC_Blank
    Lets see, I'll be able to go home in November. Then I deploy in December, then I'm in Iraq for 15 months. That seems like a long time really... But she might not want to Totally tie the knot until College is under control... But I'm a little afraid of her getting lonely over the 15 months, I might be able to have the Internet and use a web camera to convey my love... But do you have any suggestions on how I can keep her happy from so far away? Or advice I can give her about staying with me while I'm so far away?
    Love letters. :D I would be head over heels happy if my husband sent me love letters through the mail. (The old snail mail sort ;) )

Before you deploy, order flowers to be delivered to her the day after you leave, or a week later... whenever. Just so she's surprised!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being in the army and a mother of 2 [ 3 Answers ]

How to decide what to do if you're in the army and just came back from iraq and about to have your 2nd baby and 5 months later you're going to have to go back to iraq. I don't know if I should stay in or get out?:(

More Army jokes [ 2 Answers ]

Two men were boasting to each other about their old army Days. "Why, my outfit was so well drilled," declared one, "that when they presented arms all you could hear was slap, slap, click." "Very good," conceded the other, "but when my company presented arms you'd just hear slap, slap,...

Army Rollcall [ 2 Answers ]

I remember standing at quarters one morning whilst stationed Aboard the USS Adroit. Lieutenant Montgomery was doing the Muster. "JACKSON?" "Here!" "KIBBEY?"

Friend from army [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a man that has this adress: DAN MILLER, 133 COMDE AVE, DOWNSVIEW, ONTAREO, CANADA, M3H... This address was before 10 years/ and my letter come back. I know that this man is an advocate. His age is near 50 years old. We were a very good friends in the israeli army. The man...

Spirit army [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem very shocking it certainly was to me. The other night in bed under the influence, I happened to see a dark figure come out of the bathroom door. I prayed to God , my spiritual advisor and to to send all good spritits tohelp me. The images left my room. The next day looking out the...

View more questions Search