Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Feeling Numb.
    I'm not sure why, but lately I've been feeling so numb. I feel like nothing is real and what I do ahs no perpous, like I am a wind lost in a sea of clouds. Despite my want to help others I notice it becoming ever harder because I myself cannot feel. I feel anger and I feel sadness, but that is all. I feel no happiness and it makes me feel hollow and empty. I don't know what is wrong and I have analyzed myself and this situation a million times ør so, yet, I find nothing.
    Can someone help?:(
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Does anything set it off or bring it on? If you feel this way all the time I would think it may be depression and you should definitely talk to your doctor.
    p_rich91 Posts: 40, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2007, 09:35 AM
    I've read a lot of the posts you've made on here and I think they are some of the best advice on here. You have made a difference to a lot of people and helped a lot of people. Part of your feelings could be not realizing your true value in this world. You have so much to give. But you also have to take care of yourself, which means finding things you like to do and finding something you can be excited about and passionate about... something to live for and make you happy. I wish I had better advice, but I also have felt a lot of sadness in the last couple of years. Although I want to reach out to others, I feel so alone most of the time. I've just had to be my own strength but also get outside myself and help others... that brings me happiness. Good luck!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 12:08 PM
    It seems like depression for me.There are so many different reasons we get depressed, we don't mean to, it just happens. If we lose our confidence we lose our self respect which can cause us to be depressed and depression can and sometimes does cause death.

Spend time with happy people, there are lot's of happy people out there,
    And you can be one of them. Try to avoid being around negative people, because it's too hard to be positive when someone your around is always negative. You don't have to have anyone with you, just be somewhere where happy people are, like for instance a petting zoo, that always makes me feel better.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER let anyone tell you your not good enough, pretty enough, handsome enough, smart enough, etc.. Don't let them hurt you, Physically or mentally.

As I always say-the things that don't kill you will make u stronger! Be strong!

Hug, feel better, hun!:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Canada_Sweety - aren't you pregnant? Could this be a hormonal thing?
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
    No... my hormones change like that... but not like this. I felt like this when my be riend passed away last year...... which is why i don't understand...
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Oh hun, I'm so sorry you are going through all this. Have you talked your doctor? There is nothing worse then feeling as if you are just down, down, down.

Everyone on here is right, you bring so much to all of these people with your insightful and thoughtful advice. I hope you do see how much you matter to everyone.

I'm not sure what to say to help, the only time I was ever depressed was from my thyroid disorder coupled with a severe vitamin D deficiency but I wouldn't have known had I not insisted on full blood work from my doctor. Maybe your doc could check everything out to make sure the ship is running smoothly?
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:44 PM
    I might just see my doctor. Although when my friend passed away, she told me I was fine...... which I personally don't think was true.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
    There's no way you were fine. Your friend passed... maybe a different doctor?
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I would but apparently "no one knows me better then her" so I'm going to go again, and if she says nothing is wrong, I probably will end up seeing a professional.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I would not take that as a definitive answer especially if you feel so blue. I'm sure you will get the right help.
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Thank you Glinda<3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mouth is numb [ 7 Answers ]

I am having numbness in my mouth and the other day I had a leg that would not work it was like it was numb and my hands have been going numb also. Any suggestions on what to do. I am tired of going to the ER or doctor and them finding nothing wrong. Please help if you have any ideas.:confused:

Numb spot on belly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a numb spot to the left frontal of my belly button. It was continually numb for about 1-2 months. For the past 6-8 it's been numb or I've felt a pinch there when I lift with my stomach or strain. I have another problem that could or could not relate to the first. When I urinate I have 2...

Numb arm and fingers [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 41 year old male.. I get a pain in my left shoulder that is very painful.. it makes my arm go to sleep.. now my thumb, index finger and middle finger are numb all the time.. when the pain in my shoulder starts my shoulder blade pushes out a little.. the pain in my shoulder comes and goes...

Why do I go numb? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all, I've just found this site and have spent a goodly time reading the previous pages. I'm curious to see if I can gain some insight into my current relationship 'issues', so here's the breakdown: I met this girl about a month and a half ago, and was immediately smitten. The first 15...

View more questions Search