Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Aztek Fuel Gauge
    Have an '01 Aztek- the fuel gauge is very sporadic- if you put gas in it goes all the way to full, then about 2 gallons before you run out, it drops to empty. Once a month, it actually shows correct amount for about 10 minutes. Any idea how to correct this?:confused:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Sounds like bad fuel sender. If Gauge reads full and you remove wire from fuel sender, and drops to empty, sender more likely, any reading may indicate sender wire shorting
    Somewhere. A service manual will tell resistance of sender full tank, and empty tank.
    Could measure resistance. Check sender ground also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start and fuel gauge and speedometer don't work [ 2 Answers ]

My 2004 Pontiac Grand Am won't start. I jumped the battery. The car started, but the gauges are still not working. Could it be the alternator?

Fuel gauge on 96 chevy Z71 doesn't work [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a 96 Chevy Z71 truck. The fuel gauge wasn't working so I had a new fuel pump and sending unit put in but it still doesn't work. If it is the gauge, can it be fixed without sending the whole cluster in for repair? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Fuel gauge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dodge ram 1500 v8 5.2 and the fuel gauge seems to be stuck on full. Any suggetions on how to correct. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank's bakerman2:confused:

View more questions Search