Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kwidal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Is my boyfriend addicted to pot?
    I've been together with my boyfriend for a year, and pot has been a major issue between us. I don't like the idea of him smoking at all. I've tried it a couple times, but it just made me depressed. I never want to smoke it and I wish that my boyfriend would stop. I've told him I want him to at least cut back, but he hasn't really succeeded. He used to do it every day for a while before, and he stopped for a while after that. But then when summer came and I had to go away from the U.S. he started smoking and drinking a lot (that is what he told me). He says he can quit pot if I told him that I want him to, but he likes it a lot and doesn't see anything wrong with it so he would keep on doing it unless I tell him to stop. He tried to stop before, but couldn't because all his friends smoke pot almost all the time, and so he feels as if he would be a douche if he doesn't smoke with them. He also said that he doesn't feel it as much as he used to, and that worried me. He says he can quit, but I doubt that he can since his friends all do, plus he's in a band and all and he wans to become a musician so... do you think he could be addicted? Or is he starting to get there? I'm not really sure...
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 3, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Pot isn't an addictive substance. I'd say he's doing it because his friends are. It is something one can grow out of.

XenoSapien
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 04:47 AM
    If he cares about you, give him an ultimatum. If he doesn't stop then you stop seeing or he can talk to professional.
    Plinko Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Kwidal, is your boyfriend smoking pot effecting your relationship at all? (besides the fact you don't like him doing it) Ask yourself why you want him to quit. If you want him to quit just because you don't like the thought of him holding a bong up to his face and rippin the shiit out of it.. well then that's just selfish. It would be like him telling you to stop hangin out with your best friend just because he thinks she's a biitch. But if him smoking pot is really effecting your relationship in other ways than I'm with you. Some people who smoke pot can carry completley normal lives. Others for some reason simply cannot. Thank God I was.. built to smoke™
    The reson your BF does not feel pot as much is because he has built up an immunity (I think that's the word I'm looking for). Building up an immunity sucks balls because it costs more money to get high. But if money is not an issue then took on brotha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Pot [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently tried pot and had a good experience . I am not into it and haven't tried it. She tells me that she enjoyed it and plans on doing it again soon. And would like me to try it , so I can see for myself that it is not that bad. What are your thoughts on Pot. Having not done it...

Sandblasting Pot [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can tell me about sandblasters? I need to know how you go about running something other than sand through one. Do they have different tips for say, sand, soda and cob? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pot addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm addicted to pot. I have been for about two years now. I don't feel like it interferes with my life too much and that's probably why I have so much trouble quitting. I get board and fatigued and it seems like an easy solution. Is there any tips for quitting. I know I am capable of it but...

Is my husband addicted to pot? [ 12 Answers ]

My husdand says he's not addicted to weed he likes to smoke it bacouse it makes him feel good and it calms him dawn when he gets mad at some one if he don't smoke it he might hurt some won when he gets mad at them we've been together for 9 years married for 7 he hasn't put a hand on me he don't...

Crock pot [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to cook a pot roast in my 6qt crock pot. It's call a "Crock Watcher". It has an auto function besides low and high. I lost the book on this and wondered if anyone was fimiliar with this pot, and if was OK if I left it on 'auto' overnight, then swith to low in the morning till dinner time.

View more questions Search