Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pr8thr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2005, 03:53 PM
    Selling over the Internet
    Can someone describe some of the current technologies, issues and challenges that could arise with selling over the internet. :eek:
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 7, 2005, 07:36 PM
    OK, well that is an extremely wide range of information, but I can give you some.

Thankfully with the new techonology we use today, sales over the Internet can be made very simple. There are new automated systems that users fill out and set up their credit card account with and can easily make a transaction anytime day or night, whenever works for them, whatever their location. Perhaps a disadvantage of this type of on-line system, is that if you can't set it up yourself (your website, checkout system, accounts, other automated systems) you will need a professional to do it, which can be extremely costly to have someone set up for you.

The great thing about new technology today, is that it is easy and fast for customers to pay (they can pay electronically and not via check or cash which can take a while to reach the merchant). Then, as soon as you receive payment for the item, it can be sent out immediately to the customer, therefore a faster receiving rate.

Some disadvantages: Like I said earlier, setting up your whole sale system can be quite costly. Getting your on-line store open to the public so it is well known can take a lot of time. Also, selling over the Internet, you will need to ship your items, so don't forget to charge for shipping to their country or region (and shipping insurance if requested). Also, be sure you have plenty of inventory... people do not want to wait longer than they must for their products.

If you can supply a number for your customers to call if they have a question or problem, people appreciate that so much more than just slow e-mail response. If you only supply e-mail support for questions and problems... make sure that you have a VERY PROMPT response... customers will not wait two days for you to respond... no... they will move on and find another place to spend their money where they can get their questions answered quickly.

A key thing to remember... there is a lot of competition on the Internet, and if you can't provide good customer support and service along with good products... you customers will not stick around...

Good luck... if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling house after less than 2 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house a year and a half ago and may need to move because of my job. What do I need to know regarding taxes on the sale? If I put all the money from the sale of my house into a new house, will I be exempt from taxes?

Internet advertising and selling [ 4 Answers ]

How do I advertise a product on the internet and sell it?

Internet advertising and selling [ 3 Answers ]

Internet advertising and selling [ 2 Answers ]

Internet selling [ 1 Answers ]

View more questions Search