Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheBunnySheila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Water in Basement!
    Hi. Had a central air conditioner installed today. Water coming out of the?? In the basement where the air is forced from. :confused:

Should I shut it down?
    Just get out a broom or tons of paper towels?

Sheila
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Air conditioners make condensate, and it has to be removed some how either through a pump or gravity drain.
    Look at it and try to determine where it is coming from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in the Basement [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I left a hose on outide for 48 hours and it burst. When my husband turned the water off, the basement drain must have backed up. Could this be related to all the water draining. Something that looks like soil spit out of the drain with some water. How could we fix this or could...

Water in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for over 6 years and never had water in the basement until this past December. The storm sewer grate two houses above me was plugged and water formed a small lake in the street up there. The day the city unplugged the drain up there I got water in my basement. Just a...

Water in my basement [ 2 Answers ]

I get water in my basement after real bad storms. I have increased the pitch around the house the best I can but unfortuneatly do to poor building design I wasn't left with much room to work with. The water lays in front probably 6 feet in front of the house and pools over walkway and starts...

Water in basement 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, basic water on basement floor. Water is sweating/seaping from the bottom of the central air unit. The unit is mounted for vertical blow threw. Drain has been checked and cleared. The unit has a lot of condensation. Drain pan is along the circumference of the heat exchangers, allowing...

Water in basement [ 3 Answers ]

I found water in the basement, around the furnace. The air conditioner has been running for about 6 hours -- it is HOT outside too (about 90 degrees). Any suggestions as to why this happened and what can be done to remedy the problem?

View more questions Search