Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugar27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Printing in the network without turn server PC on
    I have a dell PC who connected to wireless belkin router. And a brother multifunction printer who connected to the belkin router too via ethernet cable. And I have a laptop in the network. It working fine I can use internet, share file and do printing ( I have to turn the PC on so I can able to share file and do printing job ). But what is being the :mad: drama is I can't do any printing job through my laptop without turn my PC on. Will be very nice if I can do printing job without turn my PC on. Do any any hardware so I can do prining job without turn the PC on please helppppp!! :confused:
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Aug 2, 2007, 06:39 PM
    It sounds like you are printing using the PC as a print server. The printer should have its own print server since it is ethernet connected.

I would recommend that you take a look at the PC and see how the printer is configured on it and configure your laptop the same way. You are most likely doing TCP/IP printing on the PC and you need to do the same thing on the laptop.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make Cleints server from Main server? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having Internet connection at one computer and I want to share the internet with other computers. Will that is possible the same connection is used with other 4 to 5 computers or at least one computer.

Network printing [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I've got the network functioning - go ahead, pat me on the back. I can even share files - wow. But I can't get the printer to print from the laptop. The printer is connected to the desktop, driver is installed on both, on both the printer is marked for sharing, and I can print from the...

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search