Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Ghost Hunters
    Ghost Hunters is a show on the SciFi channel. I am watching it right now and they are investigating a severely haunted house.

For those of you that have seen it, do you know how real it is? Or is it just a hoax? Talking about the television show, not ghosts in general. :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
    I think its pretty real. Especially since most of the time they don't really see anything or the things they think they see turn out to not be anything. TAPS is a real thing.

I've watched it for a long time and I'd say that out of a season they may only find one or two places are actually haunted. Its entertaining nonetheless and they have me hooked every week :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:19 PM
    That show gives me goosebumps sometimes.. lol
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Oh tell me about it. I was watching an episode where they explored the hotel that The Shining was based on and I was FREAKING OUT. I was staying at my moms and she has a door outside that bangs really loudly when its windy out. I'm sitting there watching and that door started banging, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Once I realized what it was I jumped up and ran out and latched it. Then crawled back under the blanket and finished watching.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Lol... its amazing what can get your heart racing. The one that was on tonight was really good! :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:25 PM
    They did one last month where the investigated the house where the Manson Murders took place that one was really creepy!
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Maaaan I wish I coud have seen that one. I don't know why but I am really interested in the Charles Manson topic. Not that what I think happened was okay or anything (it was totally wrong), but for some reason that topic just grabs my attention.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Yeah me too. I always find things like that interesting and those murders were especially interesting. I find stuff like that so interesting I think its because I cannot understand what can drive someone to do things like that (I'm always trying to get my head around why people do the things they do).
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Actually, that could be the reason I like stuff like that too. I hope it doesn't make me demented.. lol.

Have you read Helter Skelter?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
    No reading I can't handle when it comes to Manson or any murders. I can watch shows on it for days. It's like when I read it, it gets stuck in my head and then that disturbs me.

I don't think there is anything demented about being curious about human behavior that is deviant... then again I was sociology major concentrating on deviance... sooo maybe I am weird.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    No reading I can't handle when it comes to Manson or any murders. I can watch shows on it for days. It's like when I read it, it gets stuck in my head and then that disturbs me.

I don't think there is anything demented about being curious about human behavior that is deviant...then again I was sociology major concentrating on deviance....sooo maybe I am weird.
    I don't think you are weird.

I was reading Helter Skelter when my husband went out to sea for the Navy, and while he was gone I had to put the book inside of a big pot and in the cabinet so I'd quit reading it and thinking about it. It would freak me out when I was alone.. lol.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
    That sounds like something I would do. Okay its in the cabinet now it doesn't exist.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:44 PM
    LOL those were my thoughts exactly too.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 3, 2007, 11:30 AM
    My husband has his moments of obsession and right now its all about Ghost Hunters. I get bored with it since it seems to be the same thing over and over.

Though, I can respect the fact that they are willing to admit a hoax or tampered situation, even when its explained by creaky pipes. I'd be annoyed if EVERYTHING was always a ghost... so its believable at least.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
    That's what I like about it, they take almost a scientific approach to it - like how can this be reproduced, or what else could cause that.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I love this show. It is really great. I am pretty sure it isn't ahoax, they try their hardest to debunk the stories... The one they did on eastern state penetentiary was the best by far... still freaks me out. They came here not to long ago to do waverly, and they caught things I have seen myself in that place. That is what trully makes me think they are real.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
    My house wαs on thαt show hαhα-- not reαlly but it could be!

I believe it's reαl becαuse I've seen it hαppen in my own home
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    The one they did on eastern state penetentiary was the best by far...still freaks me out. .
    I live right outside of Philly and that place is the creepiest place EVER. At Halloween they run a Haunted House in it, my cousin and I were practically crying from fear. It is a terrifying place. My aunt works in a building by the Art Museum in Philly and when you go up higher you can see it sort of looming there past the Art Museum and it just looks so ominous... goosebumps!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Waverly is the same way. I never go for the haunted house, because it isn't in the real part of waverly, its in the basement and it sucks, but they do overnights and open houses every so often, and you see some strange things there. You walk in the door, and immediately you feel so sad. When you look at the place from out on the drive, its really eery.
    petercob Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2010, 06:19 PM
    I can see your point in beliving in taps, I agree it is real but there are some drawbacks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is ghost? [ 13 Answers ]

I would like to request for your opinion on "What is ghost?" Normally we would think that ghost is from the "soul" of a living thing. If that is The case, then the world would be full of ghosts - and certainly this does not look So. I would think that someone becomes a ghost when...

I think I have seen a ghost [ 11 Answers ]

My dad died 3 months ago but three weeks after he died I started to see unusual thing could it be my dad

The ghost [ 1 Answers ]

For whom ever may be reading Dear reader my sister has been going throw werid things in her life like when she was little she has been thinking that a spirit has been following her she has had been in a room going into a closet and the light turned off by itself:eek: I was very confused that...

View more questions Search