Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamagus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Overflowing washing machine
    My three year old Kenmore washing machine overflows and won't stop until inlet water hoses are shut off. LAst time we shop-vacced 40 gallons of water off the basement floor that had rained down from the main floor laundry room. Service man has replaced the timing apparatus thing-y. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 03:59 PM
    You have a bad pressure switch (water level valve) Or a bad inlet (water) valve. Check and replace the defective componet. These are the only things effecting the water flow.
    mamagus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    You have a bad pressure switch (water level valve) Or a bad inlet (water) valve. Check and replace the defective componet. These are the only things effecting the water flow.
    Service man has been called and I will pass on your suggestions. He's a young guy with not a lot of experience. Thanks for responding!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain keeps overflowing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, at my house, we have had a continuous problem over the years being that the washing machine drain will back-up and overflow from time to time. It occurs about every 6 months or so, and to fix the problem, I pour Assault down the drain, and that takes care of the problem. The washing machine...

Washing machine drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

My mom says her washing machine drain overflows every time she washes a load of clothes. It is flooding her bathroom. She says that the problem seems to get better if she washes more than one load of clothes at a time. A friend has tried to snake the drain, but this hasn't resolved the problem. She...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

Overflowing Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a condo (5th floor) from my dad when he passed away. I have this rented. There is a washer that overflowed for 45 min and ruined the oak flooring in my unit and the ceilings and flooring in several units below mine. This is a disaster! After checking it out, I believe the overflow...

Why is my washer machine overflowing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 yr old washing machine that does not shut off once it is filled up? It sometimes does turn off but recently I have even put it on a small load and the water still runs when it goes into the next cycle? Is it some type of sensor that needs to be fixed? Is it an east task and should I try...

View more questions Search